Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

Stereo user

Hello I’ve been using two Soundlink Micro’s as my personal stereo going on 3 years now, however I been dreaming since day one that persistent stereo mode was a option. Seeing that when I link the two speakers with the app that it will literally turn on the companion speaker without physically touching it really makes me believe there’s the framework available for me to some day turn on my mini mobile water proof stereo with the press of just one button.  

Thanks for reading and I hope you get to pet a dog today,

Scotty 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Stereo user

Author Accepted Answer selected by ScottSmith

Hi Scotty, 

Regrettably this does need to be programmed in order to use the stereo mode currently and cannot be turned on automatically. However, I will happily pass this onto the development team! 

Continue enjoying your music! 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hey Scott, 

Thanks for posting! 

I already have had the chance pet my dog, he's great aha! Truly my best friend. Just to confirm, are you looking to be able to turn your SoundLink Micro on via your phone? 

Look forward to your response!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

I am looking to turn on my Soundlink micros (plural) already connected in stereo mode with a single button press. I wear two micros daily on my belt, much like Batman’s gadget belt, it’s a beautiful stereo sound bubble to live in but I’d like them to function as one. I encourage you to put two micros on your belt and understand how many buttons one must press to connect them then go from “PARTY MODE” to “STEREO MODE... LEFT... RIGHT” multiple times each day. I believe there’s a large part of your customer base that uses party and stereo mode exclusively and functionality should be improved for that group.

thanks again,

Scotty

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by ScottSmith

Hi Scotty, 

Regrettably this does need to be programmed in order to use the stereo mode currently and cannot be turned on automatically. However, I will happily pass this onto the development team! 

Continue enjoying your music! 😊

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 11, 2018

Thanks for you response

Upon doing research to see if Bluetooth could be used to broadcast a silent disco I found the news from Bluetooth.com itself that LE Bluetooth (low energy bluetooth) is to become the new standard sometime in 2020, allowing for improvement of multi share capabilities and power efficiency. Any news from the Bose family on this front?

always the best,

Scotty

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 21, 2020

I bought a second Micro Soundlink for stereo use.  I am disappointed it is not one touchset up.  I would say about half the time I get error messages trying to connect the second speaker.  Do you have to link the speakers in sequence?  Both my speakers are black - so hard to tell the diff