Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2020

Streaming via wifi on Portable Home Speaker with a bluetooth speaker connected

I just purchased a hot tub that has a "stereo" (per the salesman, laughable I know), it plays via bluetooth connection.  I am not one to carry my phone 24/7 nor do I stream music via my phone.  However, when on the back deck or the patio I alway have my Bose Portable Home Speaker (PHS) with me streaming via wifi my SirusXM channels.  I am curious if it is possible to stream on my PHS via the wifi, AND use the bluetooth feature on the PHS to connect to the hot tub speakers all at the same time?  My install isn't for another 6 weeks, and I know worse case scenario, I can just use my PHS and not even bother with the hot tube speakers... but it was an included feature so knowing I had a back-up plan it this wouldn't work, I wasn't too upset about it.  Thank you in advance for any help on this topic you can provide.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Streaming via wifi on Portable Home Speaker with a bluetooth speaker connected

At this stage I believe you can rebroadcast the PHS sound onto another BT device, but I think it is just Bose devices such as the SoundTouch range, or the Soundlink Revolve style of speakers.

I heard they are trying to get it to work with third party devices, but there are no guarantees. 

The other thing to note, is to connect it to other Bose BT devices you need the phone anyway as the linking is menu driven.