Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 12, 2019

The app for Bose SoundLink Air which get paired via the WiFi doesn't work (macOS Catalina)

The set up app doesn't work on my Mac Book Pro since the new operating system (macOS Catalina version 10.15.2).   The set up app to download doesn't work (outdated).  
I have a Bose SoundLink Air which get paired via the WiFi.   Any help?
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: The app for Bose SoundLink Air which get paired via the WiFi doesn't work (macOS Catalina)

Hello HikerPhil, 

Thanks for posting. 

I do not have any information on this as of yet, but have raised this with the development team to look into this.

As soon as they update me, I will let you know. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

Re: The app for Bose SoundLink Air which get paired via the WiFi doesn't work (macOS Catalina)

Hi Vicky,

Was there any update on this problem. I'm guessing its the 32 bit to 64 bit issue

Highlighted

Hi Jmol,

We don't currently have an update on the setup app for the SoundLink Air at this time. However, there is an alternate setup method that can be used to get your SoundLink Air connected to your Wi-Fi network, without using the app.

Follow these steps and you will be back up and running.

• On the back of your speaker, disconnect the power cord and any connected cables.
  • Reconnect power, then wait 30 seconds.
  • On the bottom of the speaker, press and hold the Reset button for about two seconds until the Wi-Fi light is solid amber.
  • Wait about 30 seconds until you hear a tone from your speaker.
  • On a computer or mobile device, go to the Wi-Fi settings and connect to BoseSoundLink Air Network.
  • Open a web browser and go to http://192.168.1.1
  • Follow the instructions on the page to enter your network name and password.

I hope this helps! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Same problem. We need a 32-bit compatible app. Let's get it moving, Bose...

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

Hello- After downloading the SoundLink Air Wi-Fi setup file and trying to install I get an error message:

App needs to be updated. 32-bit apps are no longer compatible with macOS Catalina

I have also tried the reset method of pushing the reset button on the bottom of the speaker. The amber light comes on and remains solid, it does not blink. I do not see BoseSoundLink Air Network in my wifi settings...I have tried looking on my MacBook and my iPhone, it's not there.

Need a solution to this soon...this has been a problem for a few months now.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2020

When I open up a new web browser and type in http://192.168.1.1 it doesn't work. Is anyone having an issue with this?

I cannot connect my speaker wirelessly and the amber light is flashing.

Highlighted

Hey @Nikkers78

It's likely the site will not load unless the LED on the speaker is solid amber and you're connected to the SoundLink Air Wifi network. Have you been able to try the steps listed above by @Keith_L, to go through the alternate setup method? I'm sure they'll be a great help to you.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Unfortunately the provided steps don't work, whilst the url http://192.168.1.1 doens't seem to connect. More people here have addressed the issue, so please take notice and please advise us how to reconnect. My device hasn't been able to work for ages. I don't want to buy a new box just because of 32 to 64 bit configuration issues, that is just madness. 

Bose, it is up to you now. Do you let all your loyal users down?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Hi Sam, if you would read the thread carefully, you would see the issue is with the http://192.168.1.1 connection. We ar not able to follow any further steps because we cannot connect.

Please do not lead us to a vicious circle. Serious advice is needed to help us all out here.