Highlighted
SW01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Used micro SoundLink twice and charging port failed

Orange micro SoundLink given to me as a gift at work, threw it in a drawer until I had a need for it. Finally got around to using it this summer and the charging port went bad after second use (according to support). I found out that it has been little more than a year since my work purchased it at Staples. Bose tells me they will not repair/replace it because out of warranty. Shouldn’t their product last more than two uses before failing.
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Used micro SoundLink twice and charging port failed

Hi SW01, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you perform a product update via the Btu.bose.com updater as well as attempting to charge the speaker via a different power outlet. 

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

SW01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

I was on with support for a long time trying all of the possible solutions, in the end they said it appears the port is bad. It charged one single time for me and then nothing. Only used the device two times. Being a Bose product, I didn’t expect to be throwing it away after two uses.

Hi SW01, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am very sorry to hear that you have called support and none of the troubleshooting steps resolved your issue, did the team explain the service options to you? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

SW01
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Not really, just that I could order a new one with free shipping (for my troubles). You guys should repair/replace this since I’ve only used it a couple of times. It shouldn’t matter that I left it in the box for year before using it. Bose products are better than this lemon.

Hi SW01, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. The team should have run you through some service options for the speaker, if they haven't please do reach back out to them via the contact us page on our website. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B