Highlighted
LarBob68
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

Volume control

My new Soundlink Revolve seems to get confused about volume setting when I play music from my iPhone’s music app and I have the BOSEConnect app open.  If I adjust the volume using the BOSEConnect app, it will change volume arbitrarily when the next song starts, as if the two apps are fighting for position.  With other Bluetooth speakers, the volume controls from one app to another work together seamlessly, but not so far with the Revolve.  Any recommendations?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Volume control

Hello LarBob68,

Thanks for posting!

This is an unusual issue and I am sorry that you are encountering this with your SoundLink Revolve. 

Could you please confirm the following details:

- iOS version of your iPhone

- Bose Connect app version

- SoundLink Revolve firmware version (found in the Bose Connect app)

Also, do you have an alternative device to test this with?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

LarBob68
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

iOS version 13.1.3

BOSEConnect version 9.0.1

Firmware version 3.0.4

I also have a Monster Glo2 Bluetooth speaker, and the Monster EZPlay app, with which I have never experienced this  problem.

Hello LarBob68, 

Thank you for getting back to me and confirming this information. It seems that everything is up to date which is great!

Were you able to test connecting your SoundLink Revolve to another device with the Bose Connect app installed?

I would recommend performing a reset on your speaker. You can do this by holding the Multi-function (•○•) button for 10 seconds until the product lights glow.

Could you also test this whilst using the AUX cable connected, if possible?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

LarBob68
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

I have experimented using other Bluetooth speakers while the BOSEConnect app runs in the background, and the volume issue was not duplicated.  It only seems to happen while playing music stored on my iPhone (not streaming) through the Revolve when BOSEConnect is open.  If I close the BOSEConnect app, and only use the phone’s volume controls or the volume buttons on the Revolve, the problem doesn’t occur.

Amiet235
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2019

Volume Control is an amazing app that lets you take control of your device's volume – instead of being controlled by it! Volume Control is extremely easy to use. Simply tweak existing or create new pre-defined volume profiles, and toggle between them with just a single touch visit official site