Taz m
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Volume issues Color II Soundlink

My Bluetooth speakers won’t allow me to turn the volume up on the device or via my iPhone. It’s at a medium volume and nothing I do will turn it up any higher.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Volume issues Color II Soundlink

Hey Taz, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

This does seem like a strange issue. I am sure we can resolve it! Let's start by updating and resetting the speaker. 

We can update the speaker by going to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and following the instructions on the screen. After that, we can perform a product reset. To do this we need to turn on your speaker, then press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language.

Just so you know, a reset clears all product settings, including Bluetooth device memory and language selection, and returns the product to its original out-of-box state.

I would also love for us to try connecting an alternative device with the speaker and see if we can control the volume that way? 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. Do let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Taz m
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 8, 2020

Thanks. I’ve updated it. I can now alter volume via my iPhone. But I want to be able to alter the volume on the actual speaker and that still won’t work. I can connect it to my Sony stereo turntable system and it’ll play through the speaker but it’s impossible to increase the volume. The turntables volume can only be adjusted on the connected speaker and the Bose speaker just won’t alter.

Highlighted

Hi Taz m,

Thank you for the update. It's good to hear the update has helped you make progress with this.

When using the iPhone, are you able to control the volume from the buttons, or just from the iPhone's controls?

If the buttons are still unable to control the volume then I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.