Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

Whatsapp calls not working with Soundlink Micro

Hi,

Previously I was unable to connect to whatsapp call from my android phone to bose soundlink micro.

With the latest firm ware update of 3.0.3, it is not frequently disconnecting but the call is not getting transfered from my phone to the speaker.

Can you check.

Steps:

1.Connect micro to phone through bluetooth

2. Make a whasapp call

3. Call starts in normal phone speaker.

4. Try switching to bluetooth but clicking on blue tooth icon

5. The audio is still on phone and not switched to bluetooth

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Whatsapp calls not working with Soundlink Micro

Hey @uraviteja,

I can imagine that's a pain! Let's look into fixing this for you.

Have you tried clearing the pairing list of your phone and the speaker to re-create the connection? You'll find steps on how to do this HERE.

Also, would it be possible to try using an iOS device for calls - in case there's a difference in how the speaker behaves?

Let me know if you notice any improvements!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2020

I have cleared and connected it back.

When I did that it is trying to connect to the speaker and gets disconnected like before.

I don't have an iOS to test.

My phone model is moto moto g7

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

What you have advised is normal behavior. I have discussed this in more detail on this post.

If this isn't happening, please try pairing to another device to see if the same issue continues. I would also recommend trying other services besides WhatsApp to see if you experience the same problem. 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 27, 2020

I'm using Android latest version in a Samsung Galaxy s9+, having also problems with WhatsApp calls....

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

It 's confirmed that the Soundlink Micro is not working with Whatsapp calls, both initiated and received calls. I have tried on both Android and IOS mobile, the bluetooth cuts off immediately when the whatsapp call in picked up by the other party.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Nice speaker but shame this still doesn't work.. I managed to accept a  whatsapp call with the bose speaker once only - not sure what I did differently - otherwise it always switches to the phone speaker. The sound quality and microphone worked very well. Shame that such a good hardware is limited by a software defect. Keen to hear update on this.