Soofnic
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Why cant i disable the voice announcements??!

I just got new Portable Home Speaker and i want to say that i'm very disappointed of you guys... as a high-end company, you are really got behind when it comes to technology.
first, how do i disable the battery announcement when i turn it on??? All my family cant hear this anymore! Second how do i disable the announcement that its connecting and the the announcement that its conected and to my iphone name. The battery metter should be like jbl with a 4 little led dots, actually you shuold learn a lot from jbl in all that subject. Of course bose have a great sound, but the inconvenience of using it is just dont worth not the sound and not the money. 
  You can also make a trick to push one button for long press and the circle will show the battery percentage. 

also a problem that there is always cuts in the sound here and there, and yes my firmware is updated to yesterday. And my phone is iphone 12 pro and its dont go 1 meter far from the speaker! 
i had 5 different jbl so far and this didnt happend!

another problem is that the device dont turn off itself! 
i offer you all bose engeenirs just go to the nearest shop and buy a 50 dollar jbl and copy all the features it has and the sound just make a bose sound. Dont try to get smart too much, keep it simple. 

3 REPLIES 3
Hector_B

Re: Why cant i disable the voice announcements??!

Hey Soofnic, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you aren't satisfied with your purchase due to a few features. 

You can learn how to disable all voice prompts for the product here. This will disable all the voice prompts so you don't have to hear them anymore. 

I'm also sorry to hear that you have had an issue with the Bluetooth connection, these steps here will resolve this for you.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Soofnic
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Thanks for your answer, but the solution you gave doesnt disable the annoying battery announcement at the start up! This keeps screaming  the percentage out loud. 
make an option to make an alert sound when battery is lower than 15% or the ring will turn red. 

and i tried everything in the bluethoot guide to fixed the cutting sounds but it still goes... 

😒

getting tired of this speaker. 

It doesnt worth my time, sorry...

and why didnt you answer about the auto off?

Soofnic
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

No solution guys??????????