Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 3, 2018

bose revolve does not play voice memos from iphone

Revolve (firmware 1.5) works great!

but when i play a voicememo from my iphone, revolve bleeps and seems to tell my iphone to play the voicememo itself.

I go to the selection menu in the iphone, select bose revolve to play the memo, and the same thing happens (bleep from revolve and the memo is played by iphone) . with any other bluetooth device, this selection menu works fine.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: bose revolve does not play voice memos from iphone

Hello marcvb,

Thank you for posting, I apologize this is not working.

This has been passed along to our development. Once we have more information on this, we will let the community know.

Warm Regards,

Joel - Community Support 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

I just bought a Bose Revolve.  The goal was to record music at sessions on my iPhone using Voice Memo and play it through the Revolve and learn it.  BUT The devices talk to each other and say paly that voice memo through the phone.

This really sucks.

Should I return my Bose and buy another manufacturer's speaker?

When will this be fixed?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 25, 2018

So I updated my iPhone software and then I reset the Revolve to factory settings and updated the firmware.  Amazingly my music from Voice Memo started playing, BUT only the first song.  Now the devices are back to "beep", play on iPhone.

Still sucks.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 8, 2018

I have a Bose Soundlink Micro and the problem with the audio output with voice memos on iphone has still not been fixed after many months of this post.  Do you know if the patch has been created by development for the Voice Memos app?  If not, would you be able to send me an update when it is in the release notes for the Bose bluetooth speakers?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello advancecoder! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. 

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We have passed this to our development team. We do not have an indication if/when something like this may be resolved in a future update, however any new information will be shared here in the Community. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 13, 2019

iPhone software update, Bose Revolve Soundlink update and yet here we are here we are, 12 months down the track, with no resolution of this problem. If these developers were working for me, they'd be looking for another job rn.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@johnthefiddleplayer I stopped using the iphone recorder a while ago.  What I discovered, as I recollect was that unless the phone was in airplane mode, an incoming call even if the phone was on vibrate would cause the recorder to stop.  So if I was recording something say on a podium with the iphone, I would retreive it when done and realize that it missed a chunk of the recording.  I found a free app called "Voice Recorder & Audio Editor" by TapMedia in the app store.  I works fine and is my go to recorder on the iphone.  But to be quite frank, the iphone records in mono and so I much prefer to record performances and other events with my Tascam "DR-05".    If you decide to try it let me know.  I just tried the Voice Recorder app with my Revolve and it plays back fine.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 24, 2019

I have this same problem trying to play back voice messages. I can select Bose Soundlink but as soon as the message starts playing, the Soundlink beeps and the message goes back to the iPhone speaker. Maddening! Why can't they fix this? I bought a SoundFreaq and thankfully it works just fine. Too bad, the Bose has better sound, but they don't seem to understand that music isn't all you connect to! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

I am the newest sucker to own a BOSE Revolve Sound and am unable to play iphone voice recordings on it (the whole reason I bought the speaker, and haven't had this problem with Sony speaker I owned previously). Joel_D, you said they were working on this a year ago?????  What's the status? Do I take back my Bose speaker???