Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 24, 2018

bose soundlink bluetooth mobile speaker ii firmware updater not working both on windows and mac

Hello Dear Forum Members,

I cannot update my bose soundlink bluetooth mobile speaker ii's firmware neither on windows nor on mac. On windows app it says "incorrect device driver installed, windows applied a different driver than expected. You can correct this problem by repeating some of the steps you have performed. Click "close" and then follow the on-screen instructions again. And I have done so plenty plenty several times but no joy.  On my mac mini the updater says it is updating the firmware of my speaker and gets to %100 and then a pop-up appears and says "device update could not be verified, this program was unable to confirm that the device update completed successfully. and bla bla... no joy again after several tries on it. my hardware version is 01.00.00, speaker update 1.1.5829 and target firmware version is 02.00.05. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks to everyone.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: bose soundlink bluetooth mobile speaker ii firmware updater not working both on windows and mac

Hi Levocil, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am sorry to hear that you weren't able to update your SoundLink Bluetooth Mobile Speaker II and would love to provide you with the correct information regarding this! 

The reason that you can't update this speaker is that this speaker doesn't require updating as there are no software updates available for the SoundLink Mobile Speaker II.

I hope this clarifies this for you and if you have any other questions about your speaker then please do let the community know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

Re: bose soundlink bluetooth mobile speaker ii firmware updater not working both on windows and mac

Why does link provided page say "there is a software update available" with a link that indirectly took me to this support site where I spent an hour of my time searching for firmware you say doesn't exist???https://www.bose.co.th/en_th/support/products/portable_speakers_support/soundlink_mobile_leather_2.h...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

I wasted 3 hours looking for the damned firmware in vain.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

I have similar speaker and similar problem. But after update my speaker is not working ( 3 LEDs constantly ON)

Did you found proper firmware and way to roll firmware back ?

Please share your experience 🤝

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

I had to take the battery out to reset the unit after a failed update. I'm leaving well enough alone.