bose soundlink revolve + problem

Wistful Whiz

Re: bose soundlink revolve + problem

@Hector_B  What I like to see more of is a much fuller discussion of the various troubleshooting steps that could be performed by the customer on their windows machine.

By the way, it might be premature to 'blame' the issue on the Bluetooth drivers.   In my situation back in Nov for example, I tried all three of the Intel bluetooth drivers (i.e., the three different versions) and NONE of them worked.  Then when I restored my disk image back to June, 2018, everything DID work including an older Intel BT driver which I had previously tried that didn't work.  So I have to conclude technically, it may not be whole 'fair' to blame it on the BT driver or conclude it must be the driver.  In my case it was not. 

That is why I provided more specifics on what to try - not just reinstalling BT drivers.  I personally never spent any time after my reimaging worked to determine what the cause actually was.  At this point, I have reinstalled and updated all my software based on the 6/30/18 image as well as applied all the windows updates.  I have left the older Intel BT driver alone since for the last two months, everything still works.  I believe if Bose, wants to help the customers, they should determine more specifically what the root cause is - the BT drivers might be involve but in imto (in my humble technical opinion), we can not yet show that the BT drivers were the sole cause or even part of the cause.

Highlighted

Hi Joelirwin,

Thanks for the information provided.

Just for clarification, it sounds like you are referring to your resolutions issue was related to your Bluetooth drivers which sounds like what @Hector was referring to.

Also, you did resolve the issue by rolling back the Bluetooth drivers.

The troubleshooting steps that are provided is to help access and also understand the issue.

I do understand that you are trying to help but we are accessing the issue.

I do appreciate your feedback.

Kindest regards,

Prince O

Wistful Whiz

@Prince_O  Going back to a previous disk image for me resolved the issue but I was unable to definately say what resolved the problem.  I had previously tried all three (at the time - now there are four) Intel Bluetooth driver packages and NONE of them worked. My laptop is still on an earlier BT driver set but again, before the image restore, I could not get any of my 5 Bose devices discovered with that BT set (or any other).  I believe it was likely something else (or a combination of things).

With all due respect, I would like to see more 'in-place' discussion by the admins rather than a referral to call phone support or refer to a link unless it is an exact match.  I personally believe that in many cases, the admins provide basic trouble shooting suggestions (via often pre-written 'templates') and then refer on.  I would love to see Bose support provide more assistance for issues involving Windows and Mac machines.  Right now, I believe they leave it up to us customers to troubleshoot and figure it out for themselves.  From last October through around Feb of this year, I spent countless hours doing troubleshooting on my own with little to no help from Bose.

Hi Joelirwin, 

Thank you for your response. 

I appreciate your honesty in your post and can only apologize if you feel that the support from Bose during these issues has not been adequate. In truth, we are still looking into the cause of this issue. 

I'm glad to hear that going back to a previous disk image has been successful for you. We appreciate that this may not be possible for some of our customers which is why this is being taken very seriously by our team. 

I appreciate your patience and your contribution to the Bose Community. 

Kindest,

Jessie O