Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

bose wireless portable speaker

bose wireless portable speaker in U.S.

I have a micro usb plugged into back of  bose speaker and regular usb plugged into my laptop to update the bose.  The bose dialogue box said to press the Bluetooth and aux buttons and hold them until those 2 icons and the mute icons all flashed together.  They are flashing and won't stop.  Speaker won't play and can't get lights to quit flashing.  How can I get my speaker back up and working? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: bose wireless portable speaker

Hey @bluesboy,

Than you for taking the time to post your experience - since your post is your speaker still flashing?

What I'd recommend doing is disconnecting the USB cable from your speaker, and proceeding with the app setup to then update your speaker. When you've disconnected your cable, put the system into setup mode by pressing Volume Down and Play/Pause buttons for five seconds. The top and bottom of the ring will glow amber when this is done.

Then, open the Bose Music app, and search for the speaker. Once found, the product will be connected and once you've followed through with setup update will be pushed to the unit. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

May 26, 2020

Re: bose wireless portable speaker

Thanks for the reply.  I pushed every sequence of control buttons known to man,all to no avail.  I put it away and the next day when I got it out the lights had discontinued their flashing and it is working fine.  I believe I’ll leave well enough alone and not chance updating.  Thanks again,this forum seems to work very well.