Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2020

connectivity Issues

Reaching out for help here in hope.

Yesterday, i updated the firm to my soundlink colour 2, now for some reason, whenever i connect another source, the audible response calls it by the name of my android mobile. I have reset  the speaker. turned off my mobile while connecting another source, ipad and laptop, all with no success. i have even renamed the mobile but it still connects using the old name. its like the speaker is stuck with an old memory. tried turn off/on again. Reset.Can anyone help? Please!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: connectivity Issues

Hi Karlski1967,

Sorry to hear that you're having some connectivity issues. I'll happily do what I can to help.

The product reset which you performed, was this via the below instructions;

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language

This will have put your product into its out of box state, clearing the Bluetooth list of your speaker. If you did not perform this, do give this a go please. 

Have you tried connecting through the Bose Connect app as well as directly to your device Bluetooth settings?

Do let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!