Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CRC
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

just purchased the Bose sound link Mini for conference calling

The SoundLink Mini is terrific, however for conference calls, i'm wondering if there is either an app i can use to boost the Iphone bluetooth volume, and or a work around to increase the phone to mini volume for speaker phone use.  It appears that the volume to control the mini is directly connected to the Iphone volume button, and the on screen max volume limitations - However when listening to music on the Mini, it more than sufficient.  Just seems to be controlled differently for the speaker phone application during phone calls.  

thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CRC
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

Re: just purchased the Bose sound link Mini for conference calling

Author Accepted Answer selected by CRC

Solved!.. the hard reset on the Mini,  removing and replacing the Mini in bluetooth did the trick.. thanks very much!  

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Charlotte_G

Hey @CRC, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm super glad that you're enjoying your SoundLink Mini. Sorry that you're experiencing some issues with the volume during phone calls.

Do you have another device that you could connect to the speaker to test this with? Also, is this only with conferencing apps, or with general phone calls aswell.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
CRC
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

Thanks very much for getting right back to me, I'm currently listening to music, and its fantastic, the base, range perfect, and the volume, works on both the bose sound link mini as well as from the phone, but not so when using it as a speaker phone.  For some reason, the only volume control i have is via the i phone volume up/down buttons.  Is there a work around, because it would be the ideal solution for that impromptu " lets put it on the speaker phone so we can all hear what their saying"

Charlotte_G

@CRC I totally understand this, but I'm looking to find out if the issue persists when you connect a different phone and take a call whilst connecting to the speaker. From my personal experience when connecting my iPhone to my SoundLink Mini, I haven't experienced low volume during calls. So it would be great to see if it's related to the specific connection between your phone and the speaker.

Let me know if you're able to test this with another device.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
CRC
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

So, you're on the right track, and I thank you!

I was using the speaker with my Iphone 11 plus, I just connected to my older iPhone 7 plus and it was indeed marginally louder, yet not as loud as i can get the speaker playing music. Yet not much louder than i can get using the speaker in the iPhone.  So this is clearly an Iphone issue.  I doubt that i'm the first person to have this issue, are you aware of a settings change, and or a work around of any kind?

Charlotte_G

@CRC Glad to hear we have narrowed down the source of the issue. It would be great if you could clear the pairing list on the speaker. To do this, hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone. Then, on your iPhone, go to the Bluetooth settings and delete the existing entry of the speaker. Now connect them together again and test the call volume. 

Get back to me with the result of this.

CRC
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by CRC

Solved!.. the hard reset on the Mini,  removing and replacing the Mini in bluetooth did the trick.. thanks very much!  

View solution in original post

Charlotte_G

@CRC Awesome, that's great to hear! If any problems arise in the future, do not hesitate to get in touch. 🙂

CRC
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

Your professionalism and expertise Very much appreciated