xmas65
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

linking 2 SoundLink speakers

I am trying to link 2 bose soundlink speakers to my iphone.  I downloaded the Bose connect app but it doesn't recogize my speakers.  I tried doing to "hold down the bluetooth icon and + button at the same time but that doesn't give me the prompt that is suppose to happen.

I'm at my wits end.

Can someone please advise what I need to do?

Thanks

Terie

5 REPLIES 5

Re: linking 2 SoundLink speakers

Hello Terie,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty doing this. I would love to see how I can help you with this issue.

Which SoundLink speakers do you have?

Are you able to connect your SoundLink speakers to the Bose Connect app at all? 

I would recommend that you ensure both of your speakers are running the latest firmware. You can check for and install any updates via btu.bose.com

Let me know how this goes.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

xmas65
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

HHere are the two speakersIMG_6715.jpeg

Hi xmas65,

Thank you for providing the above image. 

Are you able to confirm if you are able to connect the speakers to the Bose Connect app and if they are running the latest firmware?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Morlock
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

They are teh series 1 Soundlink COlour, which I don't think is compatible with the app or with sharing music.  The series 2 should be compatible.

Hello Terie,

I can confirm that what @Morlock above has stated is correct. The SoundLink Color Series 1 speaker does not use the Bose Connect App therefore the party mode is not available for use within this speaker. However this is possible for the SoundLink Color Series 2. 

I hope this clears up your query.

Tegan M