Participant
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

micro USB to audio through service area, does it work?

My audio port on my bose sound link broke, can I connect micro usb (where it says service) to audio to get audio through like my tv

there is no way to connect besides blue tooth and i already want to use bluetooth to connect computer to monitor

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: micro USB to audio through service area, does it work?

That will depend on what SoundLink you have.  Although I would assume since it says service, it won't be the correct one. 

As far as I am aware, the Revolve and Revolve+ are the only ones that will do audio through the Micro USB from a computer.  As well as that I can't think of any TVs that would output sound through the USBs.  They are generally inputs (photo, video, or music from USB) with the possible exception of recording video to a HDD.

Re: micro USB to audio through service area, does it work?

Hello Brian, 

Thank you for reaching out today and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have broken the port on your SoundLink Mini speaker. You are unable to use the service port to get play audio on your speaker. The best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your speaker You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!