Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2020

portable home speaker, default music source when powered on

Hi

I am thinking of purchasing the Portable Home Speaker - its for use in a bathroom, so it needs a built in battery. Is it possible to set the speaker up so that it always plays a fixed tunein radio station when you turn it on? I dont want to have to use an app to select a source just to play the radio, though if i want a  different source I know I will need to the app or Apple Airplay (or similar). 

(I have a soundtouch 10 where preset 1 is set to a TuneIN radio station, powering on the speaker will call up this preset which would be ideal, just a shame that the soundtouch 10 needs to be connected to the mains)

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: portable home speaker, default music source when powered on

Author Accepted Answer selected by Chris 22

@Chris 22 No it works slightly different to when using it on your QC35's. It is integrated into the Portable Home Speaker and you simply have to follow the instructions in the Bose Music app to add the assistant of your preference. 

Here is how to add Alexa to your speaker - Using the Amazon Alexa voice assistant with Bose smart products

Here is how to add the Google Assistant to your speaker - Using the Google Assistant with Bose smart products

Please get back to us if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Hey Chris,

I'm pleased to hear of your interest in the Portable Home Speaker! Great to know you're familiar with the preset function from out SoundTouch range. The Portable Home Speaker doesn't have the same on-board controls as the SoundTouch 10, therefore you are not able to follow the same procedure. Therefore, this does mean that you'll have to manually select what you want to listen to on your speaker if listening through Bluetooth.

However, the Portable Home Speaker does have the option to connect a voice assistant, meaning you can always command Alexa or Google Assistant to play music of your choosing. This may be ideal for your situation - are you familiar with using voice assistants?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I wasnt really familiar with the voice assistant, i have it on my QC35s but had never used it. I have now though.

On the QC35s, they connect to my phone, would the Portable Home Speaker need the phone, or does it work directly over WiFi to the internet?

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Chris 22

@Chris 22 No it works slightly different to when using it on your QC35's. It is integrated into the Portable Home Speaker and you simply have to follow the instructions in the Bose Music app to add the assistant of your preference. 

Here is how to add Alexa to your speaker - Using the Amazon Alexa voice assistant with Bose smart products

Here is how to add the Google Assistant to your speaker - Using the Google Assistant with Bose smart products

Please get back to us if you have any further questions. 

View solution in original post