Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

revolve cracking sound when changing the song

I recently bought revolve, i did an unpdate on it and was using it. But after a while I noticed that it make a strange cracking sound when I either change song on spotify / youtube / soundcloud or move a song forward. It doesn't happen when I'm using my iphone, only when using my macbook pro. 

It is quite annoying and I don't know where is the problem.

Thanks for helping

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: revolve cracking sound when changing the song

Hi alka, 

I am sorry that you are experiencing some crackling from your SoundLink Revolve. Thanks for reaching out, we would love to look into this with you. 

I would firstly suggest in performing a factory reset of your speaker. This reset erases all settings and returns your product to its default out-of-box state.

• Power on your product
  • Press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds until the Bluetooth® light blinks blue and a voice prompt instructs you to select a language.

Do let us know if this shows any sign of improvements.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

I did it already. I did it once again but nothing has changed...

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch, alka, 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with this. It sounds like the issue is device-specific. If you haven't already, I would recommend checking online for details of performing a PRAM reset, an SMC reset and maybe instructions for deleting your Bluetooth cache data (Bluetooth Plists.)

Be sure to let me know if this makes a difference. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

Hello, 

Already did it too, but it didn't help....

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming this for us @alka

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices you can test with the MacBook Pro? Could you please also try and test the speaker with another laptop to see if the same issue persists? 

By testing both of the above this will allow us to work out exactly where the issue is coming from! 

I would also like to hear from any other users that are experiencing an issue similar to this. 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 9, 2020

Hello

So I tried everything I could, what you recommended. It only makes with my computer 😞 

With other devices I tried it, it worked good without any other noise. 

Thank you in advance for your help

Best

Alexandra

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @alka,

As the issue is isolated to your MacBook, it looks like it's down to the audio signal being sent from the computer. Does this happen when connected via an auxiliary connection, or via Bluetooth? I'd encourage you to reach out to Apple for further assistance on this occasion.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2020

Hi,
I have the same Problem that my new Bose Revolve since unboxing showing some distorsion when I play/stop songs with my Mac. There is no problem when I do the same with my iPhone.
Hope to find a solution for this.