Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 12, 2020

sound crackling

new sound link mini ii connects  fine to cellphone but when connected to iMac computer or iMac pro the sound cackles and is distorted. have 'reset' it without help. Disconnected all devices and just connect to one without help.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: sound crackling

Hi Divtdog,

Thanks for posting in the Bose Community! I am sorry that you're experiencing some audio quality issues when your SoundLink Mini II is connected to your iMac. 

It's great that you have reset and disconnected the speaker. Let's also clear the pairing list. To do this, hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone. Then, on all previously connected devices, go to the Bluetooth list and delete the speaker You'll also need to do that on your phone. 

Now establish fresh connections and test the audio quality.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 13, 2020

I am also having this issue. It connects for couple seconds, then the cuts out and crackles. The unit never seems to charge any more either.

Highlighted

Hi TraceyD, 

I am sorry to hear this. 

Have you tried the suggested troubleshooting provided in this thread?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 13, 2020

This helped but now I have another issue.

The speaker will not charge for more than 20 minutes. I have left plugged in overnight and I only get 20 minutes of power. I tried plugging in when the power dropped and still no sound. I have tried this three times. 

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Tracey

Highlighted

Hi Tracey, 

Thank you for your response!

At this point, I would suggest contacting your local technical support for assistance. You can find the details by clicking HERE, selecting your country of residence, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to help!

If there is anything else we can do please reach out again!