Highlighted
sreavis
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

sound link volume

I use MEE Audio Connect bluetooth transmitter to send tv sound to my portable Bose Soundlink.  I cannot get the volume to increase on the speaker.  Background:  I used these two together for over a year and they worked great.  Suddenly last summer my speaker stopped giving me sound from the tv.  I thought it was the transmitter so I replaced the MEE Audio Connect.  It did not resolve the issue.  Then I thought it must be the Bose Soundlink so I purchased a new one.  The new one gave me sound but I cannot turn the volume up on the speaker.  I went to the MEE Audio website and reinstalled everything from the beginning, changed the sound on my tv to PCM as they directed to no avail.  How do I get the volume on my Soundlink to increase?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: sound link volume

Hey sreavis, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that this suddenly stopped working, let's look into this further for you. 

I would recommend that we start with ensuring that your speaker is running the latest software version, this can be done by connecting it to a PC via the USB charging cable, then heading to our online updater and following the on-screen instructions. 

It would be very helpful if you could also let us know which SoundLink speaker you have? If you are unsure you can use our product identifier tool here

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

sreavis
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

I updated the firmware.  No change.  The model I have is the Soundlink Color II.

Hello Sreavis, 

I am sorry that those steps did not resolve the issue. I would love to confirm how you are trying to control the volume of the SoundLink speaker? 

Once you have confirmed this, please can you test the following for me: 

• Use the TV remote to turn the volume to maximum. 
  • Connect the speaker to your Bluetooth adapter. 
  • Load the Bose Connect app on your phone and pair it with the SoundLink speaker. 
  • Use the Bose Connect app and try and control the volume on the speaker. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W