Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

soundlink color keeps auto connecting

I have a soundlink II color and it keeps auto connecting to both my phone and my wife's phone. The only way I can keep it off is to turn Bluetooth off on my phone which is annoying to say the least.  Is there a way we can get a toggle in the bose connect app to turn off the autoconnect functions.  I have already reset the speaker and it still does this.

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: soundlink color keeps auto connecting

Hey @joem5952,

I can imagine that's quite a pain! There aren't any settings within the Bose Connect app that disables auto-connect, so I'd recommend keeping the speaker powered off at all times until you need to use it. Is the speaker still trying to connect when you have turned it off?

Alternatively, you will have to toggle Bluetooth off in your phone settings as your device is designed to connect to recently connected Bluetooth devices. That is purely due to phone design but I apologize for any inconvenience.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Re: soundlink color keeps auto connecting

It is plugged into power but generally what happens is I listen for a bit, then hit the power switch when I am done, go run errands and when I come back it will be connected when I am in range again.

Can this be submitted as a feature request for future updates?  It is quite annoying.