Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

soundlink mini 2 keeps disconnecting from macbook pro

Just bought soundlink mini 2 a week back. paired it with my iphone and macbook pro primarily to use it for use as speakerphone from my homeoffice. webex, zoom calls and any phone calls. it worked for 2-3 days fine, but it always had problem with phone getting connected back once it goes out of range. 

now it started disconnecting from my macbook too. 

did a factory reset and re-paired phone and macbook pro. again same problem. disconnecting from macbook pro. phone never connects back automatically when i go out of range and come back in range. 

i have about 4 devices connected to it. double pressing bluetooth button never finds phone or ipad in the order. some pattern i have not been able to ascertain.

tried to check on software update via btu.bose.com. the firmware is latest on the speaker.

only reason i bought this was 2 device compatibility and multiple device connections. it worked without any issues with my over the ear headphones. with so many hours on the call, i don't want to be on my headphones so long.

looks like this product is not sturdy enough as its headphone for my usage pattern 😞 or is it a defective piece.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: soundlink mini 2 keeps disconnecting from macbook pro

Hey @sndeepgarg,

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced some trouble connecting your SoundLink Mini II speaker to your MacBook Pro. I'm pleased to see you've attempted troubleshooting already - I would've suggested updating the speaker, as well as a factory reset.

To confirm, you'll connect the devices you want the speaker to use, but once you take a device further than the Bluetooth range (33ft), the device will have a hard time reconnecting to the speaker? When this happens, what steps do you take to attempt to re-connect the device?

When the device disconnects, if you press the multi-function button, does the speaker attempt to re-connect to the device once it comes up in the list of already connected devices? Or, do you get prompted with an error?

One other thing I'd recommend is to press and hold the power button for ten seconds, to perform a basic power cycle. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

thanks Sam.

my problem is with macbook pro primarily. the speaker is near that laptop. i use it for webex, xoom, team calls. once the call finishes, the next call i join, speaker is connected but sound doesn'nt come or it would just keep disconnecting and shutting off. there is no pattern to it too. 

also if i go away 10 m out, phone gets disconnected and when i return back double pressing the bluetooth button also doesn't find my iphone most of the times. if i do power on-off then it finds last two devices and connect. 

when the speaker works great when it works for that one call of the day. after that it just doesn't work

Participant
Registered since

May 24, 2020

I had to return the speaker finally giving up on the options. the connections and reconnections were just too irritating working with multiple devices. infact with macbook pro with just one device connected moving from one webex call after another became unpredictable.