Highlighted
pedrobarroslapa
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 1, 2019

soundlink mini not charging

hi, i have a soundlink mini boose that its not charging, i try the update but when i insert the usb cable into my pc nothing happens, i change the cable and its the same . how can i update my bose? thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: soundlink mini not charging

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello pedrobarroslapa,

Welcome to the Bose Community and thanks for posting! 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Mini not charging. There are two main reasons why this would be occurring:

1. The speaker is a SoundLink Mini I - there are no updates available for this speaker. 

2. The cable you are using does not feature a data wire. Please ensure you are using the Bose micro-USB cable or another cable that carries a wire.

How do you know if you have a SoundLink Mini I or SoundLink Mini II? The key difference is the Mini I has 6 buttons on top, whereas the Mini II has 5 on top.  

With regards to the issue, if you are still unable to charge using the original charger, please try using another charger to see if this helps at all. Please take note of the LEDs when it is on charge. If this is a series I SoundLink Mini, try resetting by holding the mute button for 10 seconds. on a series II, try holding the power button for 10 seconds. 

If the issue persists, I'd recommend reaching out to support in your country.

I hope this helps! 

Jeff G - Community Support

6 REPLIES 6

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jeff_G

Hello pedrobarroslapa,

Welcome to the Bose Community and thanks for posting! 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundLink Mini not charging. There are two main reasons why this would be occurring:

1. The speaker is a SoundLink Mini I - there are no updates available for this speaker. 

2. The cable you are using does not feature a data wire. Please ensure you are using the Bose micro-USB cable or another cable that carries a wire.

How do you know if you have a SoundLink Mini I or SoundLink Mini II? The key difference is the Mini I has 6 buttons on top, whereas the Mini II has 5 on top.  

With regards to the issue, if you are still unable to charge using the original charger, please try using another charger to see if this helps at all. Please take note of the LEDs when it is on charge. If this is a series I SoundLink Mini, try resetting by holding the mute button for 10 seconds. on a series II, try holding the power button for 10 seconds. 

If the issue persists, I'd recommend reaching out to support in your country.

I hope this helps! 

Jeff G - Community Support

Calirob69
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

How do I know if my speaker is charging correctly? I reset and now I'm getting yellow power light white mute blue bluetooth,and white auxiliary. Is this right?

Hello Calirob69, 

Thanks for posting! 

Flashing yellow on the battery indicator means the speaker is charging. This will show until the speaker reaches 100%, it will then change to green.

A fault is present if the speaker shows a red flashing LED on the power button. This can potentially be resolved with a reset of the speaker (holding the mute button for 10 seconds or until all lights flash together.)

If you are having issues, please feel free to reach out again. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Wedinchi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 27, 2019

Soundlink Mini II Battery Issue

So I got the dreaded low battery issue with my Soundlink Mini II speaker.  So let me get this straight.  1)Non of the options given to me by Tech Support seem to work.  2)  This used be solved by downgrading the firmware, which Bose fixed by NOT letting you downgrade the firmware.  3)  The other way to fix this was to re-flash the current version of the software onto the speaker - Bose fixed that by not allowing you to do that if your battery is low.  So this leaves me paying $80 plus shipping to have the speaker fixed.  How convenient.  Since the board is flooded with this issue, seems like this is a known problem that Bose decided not to recognize and hustle more money out of its customers.  I paid $200 for this speaker that died in 18 months, yet a I have a $40 no-name speaker that's still going strong.  What does that say about your products, Bose?  Needless to say, this is the last product either I, my family, or any of my friends will be purchasing. 

BayStateBuckeye
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 2, 2019

Re: Soundlink Mini II Battery Issue

I have the identical issue.  Amar Bose would be ashamed of the way his company has handled this battery issue.  Incompetence abounds at Bose now.

Re: Soundlink Mini II Battery Issue

Hi Wedinchi,

We are contacting you today regarding your recently published thread "Soundlink Mini II Battery Issue". As this thread is similar to the content found in the thread "soundlink mini not charging", your post has been moved and merged in line with our Community Guidelines. You can find your post in the merged thread HERE.

2. Be relevant. Make sure your contributions are relevant to the mission of the community, to the specific discussion style and topic where you post. Please do not post duplicate messages in different areas of the community to avoid fragmenting discussion. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Solicitations are rarely relevant. If you have something you want members to join, participate in, or buy, ask us first.

You can find our full Community Guidelines HERE.

Thank you for your understanding.

Warm Regards,

Community Admin