Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

soundlink revolve speaker won't connect with my laptop

I am not tech savie!! I have enabled blue tooth on my laptop and it is saying "paired" with my new soundlink revolve speaker. However the speaker says "ready to connect". I have erased the link on my laptop and started again, but with the same result.  How do I connect the speaker to my laptop?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: soundlink revolve speaker won't connect with my laptop

Hey @margaretC,

I hope you're excited to use your SoundLink Revolve speaker! It seems that you're almost there with getting it connected.

What I'd recommend doing first is to clear the pairing list of the speaker, by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button for ten seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared”. 

Afterward, go into the Bluetooth settings on your laptop, and connect to the Revolve speaker. You should hear a tone from the speaker once it makes the connection, and your laptop will state "connected". From there, if you play audio on your laptop, you should hear this through the speaker.

Alternatively, if you'd like to pair to the Bose Connect App, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the speaker for about three seconds, to hear "ready to pair". Then, on the app swipe to connect and it'll connect your phone to the speaker.

I hope this helps - let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

Hi

I have a similar problem. My speaker says it is ready to connect, and my laptop is showing the Revolve soundlink as an available bluetooth device. When I click on the Revolve Soundlink icon an error message appears saying:

"Adding this device failed because of an authentication error

This might be due to the use of an incorrect pairing code

Try again adding the correct pairing code for the device"

How do I find a pairing code?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hey gmartin, thanks for joining the conversation.

I am sorry that you're having trouble connecting your SoundLink Revolve to your laptop. 

Could you please try entering 0000 as the pairing code!

Let us know if this works for you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!