Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

unpairing portable speaker from bose 500

Having difficulty unpairing my portable speaker from my bose 500 speaker.  Although I thought I'd unpaired it via the bose 500, every time I put bluetooth on the portable to link it with the bose app on my phone it simply reconnects with the bose 500

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Re: unpairing portable speaker from bose 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by laurence newey

Thanks very much Jessie - both speakers work fine and independently now.   I haven't tried pairing the speakers back up again but I'm sure it will be okay.   Pairing the speakers in the lounge is an incredible sound, and then being able to use them independently in different rooms is fantastic.

Laurence

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi Laurence neway, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with unpairing your speaker from you 500.

You should be able to ungroup the speakers in your Bose application by using the settings would in the bottom right-hand side of the screen in the 'My Bose' screen. 

If this is unsuccessful, please let me know which speakers you have so I can give you more accurate troubleshooting advice.

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Thanks for your help.  I'm not sure which is the "My Bose Screen" but at the moment only my Bose 500 smart speaker seems to be listed on my app.  The other speaker I have is the Bose portable speaker. I paired up the portable speaker to my Bose 500, and its been working fine. However I have now separated them so that they can play different things in different rooms, but Alexa is not working on my portable speaker. It is working as an independent speaker via bluetooth and controlled by my mobile phone.   When I try and add the portable speaker to my Bose app, it searches for the speaker but cannot find it. (I make sure the bluetooth is on on the speaker when I do this).  I'm sorry if the above is not very clear but I'm no techy.   I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. Thanks

Highlighted

Thanks for coming back to me, Laurence!

This is super helpful! 

So to enable Alexa to work on this speaker you need to have it connected to the WiFi. This needs to be done in the application. The reason you are unable to see the speaker is that the speaker needs to be in setup mode. To pop your speaker in this mode, press and hold the Volume Down and Play/Pause buttons for five seconds. Once complete, follow the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by laurence newey

Thanks very much Jessie - both speakers work fine and independently now.   I haven't tried pairing the speakers back up again but I'm sure it will be okay.   Pairing the speakers in the lounge is an incredible sound, and then being able to use them independently in different rooms is fantastic.

Laurence

View solution in original post