Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

upgraded to catalina and can't connect to bose

I have the Sound link mini 1.  I tried resetting both the speaker and the computer but the computer won't stay connected even though it shows that it recognizes the mini.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Chuckling Champion
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: upgraded to catalina and can't connect to bose

Unfortunately, Catalina broke a lot of stuff.  Maybe Bose will push out a fix.  It was a huge problem for Roon.

Highlighted

Hello angell04,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear about this connection issue with your SoundLink Mini since updating to Mac OS X Catalina.

I would recommend clearing the pairing list on the speaker by holding the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear a tone. Then, delete the SoundLink Mini from your Bluetooth device list on your Mac device. Now try to re-establish the pairing and test the stability of the connection. 

Do you have any pairing problems with other devices?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

Thanks for your reply.

I actually cleared the device pairing list at least 3 times on the speaker as well as clearing the speaker off of listed bluetooth devices on my computer.   When that didn't solve the problem I also tried shutting down my computer and repeating the device clearing on the speaker.  None of those measures solved the problem. 

I haven't had any problems with pairing other devices.

Highlighted

Hello angell04, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I am sorry that you are still unable to connect. Can I please confirm, when you state you have not had any issues with pairing other products. Is this when pairing other products to the computer or pairing the speaker with other phones/tablets? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

I've paired the Bose speaker successfully to my iPhone and it works fine.  My computer is able to pair with other devices (my HP printer) through bluetooth so it appears that the problem is just with the speaker.

Highlighted

Hi angell04,

Connections with devices such as your printer use different Bluetooth profiles, therefore, it is not comparable to connecting speakers. 

Do you have any problems when connected through AUX?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

I have the mini sound link speaker that doesn't have the aux button on the top so I'm not sure how to connect that way.

Highlighted

Hello angell04, 

The AUX connector on the SoundLink Mini II is auto-sensing. Once something is connected to the speaker via AUX, the AUX LED will glow.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

hey!

i'm having the same problem. i tried reseting both the speaker and computer and pairing them again. but no sound is coming from the speaker (tho it appears to be connected. at least for a couple fo minutes). i would like to solve this issue without relying on aux. 

best,

santiago