Highlighted

Re: upgraded to catalina and can't connect to bose

Hi Santiago,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are also having difficulty with the Bluetooth connection after upgrading to Catalina and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, are we also using the SoundLink Mini version 1? If you are unsure of the exact model you can check this from the Product Identifier.

When you have the speaker paired to the Mac but are not getting audio from the speaker, do we have the output set to Bluetooth on the Mac? It is possible that while it does connect the Mac is not set to play through the Bluetooth speaker in the Sound Output settings.

Also, have you tried connecting to any other Bluetooth sources? Is it just the computer we are having difficulty with?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

I have 2 mini link bt speakers and neither one will work.  It briefly says "connected" then immediately turns off and says "connection rejected."  Did all of the things mentioned in this thread and nothing works.  This is a real problem for me since I am hard of hearing and laptop speakers are just too weak for me to hear even at max volume.  It is inconvenient to have to plug in my wired single earbud just to hear the news or a video.

Do I have to buy a new speaker to work with Catalina OS on a Mac?  Which newer model works with Catalina? On a fixed income, I am not wanting to spend hundreds of dollars again to be able to hear when on laptop.  Of course Catalina also messed up my bt printer and now I have to plug and unplug the printer USB every time I need to print.  

Can I plug the charger USB into the laptop to help get it to work???  HELP

Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

I entered my s/n [Removed by moderator] [SoundLink Mini II] and all your site gave me was a photo of the speaker but no model number.  My other speaker is s/n is [Removed by moderator] [SoundLink Mini II]

What models are they?  Only says MiniLink on the top.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 13, 2020

When I open sound preferences, the only options that appear are for the internal laptop speakers, or for "display audio" which are the speakers on my external Mac monitor.  How do I add Bose to this list?  Is that why the Bose cannot be recognized?  On my BT preferences screen it is called Mini Link II.  That is the only place I can see a model number.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2020

I am also having this same issue with my Bose Soundlink Mini II and OSX Catalina! Any idea when there'll be a fix???

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

New MacBook has catalina and cannot connect to my Bose Sound Link Air.  I have tried all the recommended methods but still no airplay.  Both computer and Bose connected to WiFi.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2020

Same here, since I upgraded to Catalina I have a lot of trouble connecting to my Soundlink Mini I. It works sometimes but disconnects very frequently.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 17, 2020

Another Catalina user having problems. My Soundlink Mini II doesn't show up in the list of Bluetooth devices. It used to connect flawlessly to my previous Mac.

I have reset the speaker and the Bluetooth module on the Mac. The speaker is currently paired with a nearby iPhone. The computer is paired with other Bluetooth devices.

Oh, and on the website I can't find any app for updating Bose firmware that's compatible with Catalina.