Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_A-at-Bose
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 1, 2008

3 Separate VLANs with Fixed I/O ESPs

Dear CSD Team,

I have a contractor that would like to have 3 independent networks (Dante Primary, Dante Secondary and ESP Control). They do not want the control traffic to appear in the same VLAN as the Dante traffic.

Is this possible to achieve with the Fixed I/O ESPs?

Best regards,

Dave
2 REPLIES 2
RobB-at-Bose
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 6, 2008

Re: 3 Separate VLANs with Fixed I/O ESPs

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately we can't do the three - you can have independent Dante and Control by selecting the "Isolated Networks" configuration, but we don't support Dante redundancy in that configuration. You can do this with the ESP-00 and PMs since their Control is always isolated from the Dante network, but for the fixed I/O ESPs the primary use-case was considered to be 1-wire - Dante and Control on the same network.

Best regards
Rob
David_A-at-Bose
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 1, 2008

Re: 3 Separate VLANs with Fixed I/O ESPs

Thanks, Rob. I was hoping there might be a way to isolate traffic with possibly the front port connection. I appreciate the confirmation. The contractor is verifying with the client on the true need for complete isolation of control traffic plus a redundant Dante set-up - or whether one or the other is okay.

I have noticed that there is a lot of interest in redundancy - but in many of these instances, it is hard to justify the extra expense just to insure an instant fix to switch failure or a severed cable. Carrying it to the logical conclusion (at least my version of "logic"), complete redundancy implies not only separate switches interconnected with separate wiring paths, but redundant signal processing, amps, speakers, etc. Just because something is possible does not always make it necessary.

I know - I'm just ranting now. <smile>

Best regards,

Dave