[BUG] Updating a older design with CSD 5.5
We had to visit a client reporting not all of his mics were working
His setup includes the following devices:
ESP-880 + dante slot card
PM4500N + dante slot card
there are 7 mics on the room, 4 arrive to the esp by analog connection and 3 arrive trough dante.
As soon as we arrive we had to update the firmware to be able to go online on the ESP and we got a fault led. With the PM4500N we couldn't even send the update, the copying firmware process kept failing, and we could only go online with it by USB cable.
Luckily we retrieved the old designs before hand using the remote connection option.
After a lot of trial and error we managed to bypass the fault on the ESP by removing the dante card and sending a clean/new project. After that you can plug the dante card again and go online.
Any intent to send the old ESP design will result on a fault led again.
So you have to open the old design on another PC since at this time it is still impossible to open 2 projects on CSD(really?) and replicate each block to match the old project.
Once you have that covered you still need to update de dante firmware, of the ESP. Hiting update from the hardware manager will launch the Dante firmware updater, for which you have to select the option to manually override device matching, and select Bose_DNC-R32 since it cannot detect the firmware needed for the ESP.
Overall took us a lot more time that we had informed the client before our visit.
In my opinion a few options that would have prevented this:
- Not make it mandatory to update the firmware to go online and work with old designs.
- Allow us to just retrieve the design, not going online without needing to activate the "enable remote connection" option.
- Allow to open more than one CSD project on the same PC
- Fix the dante firmware updater manager not detecting the correct firmware version for the ESP.
- A factory reset option that would reset the device to a clean project and default IP