cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Professional Installed Community!

This is a community for Bose dealers and installers who work with our installed products like conferencing ControlSpace EX and touring products like Bose ShowMatch DeltaQ loudspeakers.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luis kenneth
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2021

Background noise with Tone Match

Hi all! I bought a tone match 4 mixer, plugged it into my Bose L1 compact, turned the volume on the L1 compact up to 3/4, and the green channel light came on and I heard static white noise in the background. The tone match has nothing connected and with the volume at 0.

I tested the Tone match 4 on 5 Bose L1 and L2 systems, all of which were the same. I changed audio cables, it remains the same. I changed power cables and neither.

I tested a Tone Match 1 mixer on all of the above Bose systems and at the same 3/4 volume on the Bose L1, the green light comes on and noise is heard.

Is it possible that it is a factory problem on all Tone match mixers? That when connecting them with a 1/4 cable to the Bose L1 and L2 systems, and raising the volume of the speaker to 3/4, the green light is already on and a background noise is heard, even without being something connected to the mixer and with the volume at 0 of the mixer?

Has the same thing happened to someone else?