Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Bose 802 Lid

I have purchased a Bose 802 Mk111 without cover/lid and in the process of cleaning / replacing lost bits such as rubber grill, Bose logo and rubber speakon cap.  

Bose were out of stock of  Mk 111 cover/lids and I had to purchase a used cover/ lid in excellent condition, however, this was off a Mk1 speaker. Inside the cover/ lid, I removed the small raised section on top of the four internal pillars near the catches and it fitted fine without the rubber grill surround in place. I have now added the new rubber surround and the lid no longer fits due to the square pillar tops not having the 45 degree angle to allow for the new rubber grill surround. There is a minute difference in lid design, the Mk11 and Mk111 lids are interchangeable, but the Mk1 only fits Mk1 and Mk11

Can anyone tell me are the 4 internal pillars inside the cover/lid solid or hollow to enable these to have an angle grinder angle these 4 flat tops to enable a fit? Or, is the ends of the pillar solid to enable an angle grinder to angle. What I dont want is to damage the integrity of the pillars and have oblong holes on top of each pillar. If I have to buy a Mk11 lid, I dont wish to damage a perfectly good Mk 1 lid and  prefer to sell it on.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Re: Bose 802 Lid

I have been informed by Bose support regarding buying new lid/cover for the 802 that, 'Unfortunately we no longer provide this cover. So we won’t get it in stock anymore.'  Therefore they are only available used. My question is if Bose 802's are used for mobile PA how do you carry them and protect the grill? This is totally short sighted by Bose

Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: Bose 802 Lid

Hello Clive,

The Bose 802 is a discontinued product and therefor we do no manufacture the lids anymore.
So the only way to get the lids/covers it to find them used.
I know that in the past we sold many 802s in fixed installed systems. Perhaps you can check with some of our dealers?

BR
Arno

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Bose 802

That is news to me, I had understood that the 802 Mark 4 was still current as it is still advertised. When was the 802 discontinued as these are still valued as excellent PA speakers?

Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: Bose 802

Hello Clive,

Yes they are amazing loudspeaker, but we now have so many more different loudspeakers.
And of course many people will still love the Bose Panaray 802.

But they have been discontinued recently, so you probably still can buy them via some Bose dealers who have them on stock.
You can find them on our website if you look for discontinued products:
https://pro.bose.com/en_us/resources/discontinued-products/loudspeakers/panaray.html

BR
Arno