Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Bose 802 Mk3 Speaker Grill

I have purchased a used Bose 802 Mk3 speaker that was removed from a club environment that had closed down some time ago. The speaker was left with moisture to settle in an unheated environment and the black grill has a white residue over most of the surface. I need to know how and what I can use to remove the white residue safely and restore the grill back to its black factory finish? In visual terms it looks like flour has been blown on the front of the grill.

Bose advise no harsh chemicals, so I need to take advice. I cant find any cleaning information or video to guide me. No doubt others have encountered this same issue when restoring speakers and can help me.

Regards

Clive

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: Bose 802 Mk3 Speaker Grill

Author Accepted Answer selected by Clive Billingham

Hello Clive,

It sounds like the insert his stripped. Perhaps if you remove the drivers you might can hold the insert using for example a combination plier.

BR
Arno

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hello Clive,

As we do not know what happened causing this, it will be hard to advise you.
If you cannot clean them, perhaps you can repaint the grills (spray paint).
Or you can contact our service department and see if you can order the grills.

BR
Arno

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

I believe the droplet residue  from the  humidity of the club that has settled/calcified on the grill. The speaker was left in situ after the club closed down and the residue hardened and calcified over time. No doubt similar to hard tap water leaving scale.

You maybe right, I will have to have the grill sprayed black. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

A further issue is I am attempting to remove the WBP8 hanging bar from the speaker by removing bolts. The socket set turns the nut but will not remove either nut, any suggestions? Usually these threads are used to attach a top hat/speaker mount to the speaker and are finger tight. I dont wish to cut off the bar if at all possible.

Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by Clive Billingham

Hello Clive,

It sounds like the insert his stripped. Perhaps if you remove the drivers you might can hold the insert using for example a combination plier.

BR
Arno

View solution in original post