Bose Array Tool - Public Beta Download
Attached is the most recent release of the Bose Array Tool.
Known Issues (09-MAR-2017):
- Recommend running the installer .exe as Administrator. This appears to be required for it to install, create a desktop shortcut, and auto-launch properly on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- Venue tab issues:
- Floor surface vertices can be jumpy when selecting/moving them while underneath another surface such as a balcony
- Running in Bose Array Tool within a VM can result in this tab being black in color
- Flipped surfaces prevent arrays, point sources, and subs from being aimed via the aiming wand
- System tab issues:
- Unable to create RM or SM arrays with Subs
- Unable to choose/specify rigging components
- Unable to create Sub-only arrays
- Unable to mirror arrays
- Array descriptions do not support 16-bit characters
- With asymmetric and autolayout=true, difficult to add asymmetric RM modules below module 3 in an array. Can also result in an alert specifying “The target coverage area is twisted”
- Rigging Report:
- SM rigging parts list specifies modules with T-Bar array frame and multipoint bracket only
- RM rigging parts list specifies modules with Large frame only
- Side view image of array not appearing
- uninstall.exe needs to be run as administrator from destination install path. Bose Array Tool is currently not available in Windows’ Programs and Features.
The following known issue is actually remedied by modifying a VMware Workstation VM’s display setting (not a Bose Array Tool defect):
Issue: Running in Bose Array Tool within a VM can result in the Venue tab being black in color (VMware)
Fix: Go to the VM’s Display Settings and Uncheck ‘Display scaling – Automatically adjust user interface size in the virtual machine.’