cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anders_Wisboel
Registered since

Jul 6, 2010

CC-1 volumecontrol

Hi, When multiple CC-1 volume controls installed in parallel on the same cat5 cable, one control interact on the other gain controls by 1 or 1 1/2db when activated? The one activated (ajusted) works fine on the output, but you can see the other gains is also ajusted by a very small portion on there gains? 

CS V5.03.1064

Any Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
arno-at-bose
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: CC-1 volumecontrol

Hi Anders,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Can you tell us which ESP they are using?

I just check the CC-1 manual and for the ESP we only instruct on how to use it with single connection (not in daisy chain, at least that I assume you mean with "parallel"?)

BR
Arno

Nick-at-Bose
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jan 24, 2017

Hi Arno,

I can confirm that I've seen this as well with CC-1s and with CC-2s, both when daisy chained and each with a home run.  In my case it was specifically on an 880.

Nick

Anders_Wisboel
Registered since

Jul 6, 2010

Arno-at-Bose posted:

Hi Anders,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
Can you tell us which ESP they are using?

I just check the CC-1 manual and for the ESP we only instruct on how to use it with single connection (not in daisy chain, at least that I assume you mean with "parallel"?)

BR
Arno

Hi Arno

Yes that is what I mean. The dealer uses an ESP1240. The tree CC-1 are connected to the GPI's. If one volume control is rotated from 0 to almost full volumen, the other gains follow the first with app 1,5 db.  

Tomas_Carlsson
Registered since

Oct 6, 2011

Hi All, inside the CC1 controller there is a 20k resistor connected to pin 8 on the rj45 contact.

I think this is used to let the powershare amplifier  know that there is a remote connected to it. 

When daisychain this will  cause the problem.

A walkaround  is to , (when using daisychained controllers and ESP )  cut the brown wire (8)  inbetween  the cc1 .

Tomas Carlsson