VladimirM
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

CC-64 dont in CS Hadware manager and Dante

Hi,

I am connecting CC-64 and EX-1280 (main Dante port) to switch the HP 1410-24g. in CS (v 5.0 / 5.6 / 5.8) the Hadware manager cannot find the CC-64. such CC-64 2 panels behave identically. I tried each individually.

Perhaps this is due to the second problem.

I have
1.) 1 HP 1410-24g switch is not controlled
2.) Audio platform 1 -
Bose EX-1280
3.) Audio amplifier Bose PS604D - 2 and
4.) One Bose PM8500 audio amplifier with a Bose PM Dante 359844-0020 network card
EX-1280 + PM8500 connected to status

EX-1280 + one PS604D Subscription Status: A process is underway to create a stream that communicates with the transmitter to create a stream. All time ...

EX-
1280 + one PS604D Subscription Status: no sound - all the time
EX-1280 Preferred master, Grandmaster Master Synchronize all devices on the network, which is not good, right?
My version of Dante Controller 4.2.3.1
All devices are online and have ping.

There are 2 Dante Redundancy / Switch Configuration modes in the network configuration.

Dante Redundancy -
Dante network works correctly, but Bose CS program does not work, cannot find the device on the network.

Switch configuration - the Bose program works correctly, the amplifiers and the processor find, but the Dante network does not work,
I need both programs to work properly

8 REPLIES 8
arno-at-bose
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: CC-64 dont in CS Hadware manager and Dante

Hello Vladimir,

Thank you for contacting us and sorry to read you are experiencing so many issues.

As long as all products are on the same subnet, they should be able to be discovered by CSD.

If you do not need Redudancy or Isolated mode I would advise to connect everything as follow: 

Setting the Dante network mode to Legacy for the EX-1280, will filter the multicast traffic to the CC-64.

Can you send me some screenshots of Dante Controller (Routing, Device info, clock status, Network status, ....) and a screenshot of the CSD Hardware manager?

Adding a DHCP server might help to give the devices an IP address, but keep in mind that the CC-64 only supports static IP (default 192.168.0.176)

BR
Arno

CAS-19378-F4K2J7

VladimirM
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Hello, Arno.

Only with these settings did the DANTE and CC-64 network with EX-1280 work for me.
With the current settings, which in the screenshots in CS, I see CC-64, PN8500, EX-1280, but I do not see PS604D. If I change the settings on the PS604D from "Isolated" to "Switch", then the amplifier is in my CS but Dante does not work.

How can this be fixed?

arno-at-bose
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hello Vladimir,

Good to see we are going in the right direction.
If a PowerShare-D amplifier is not connected to a DHCP server it will go to link local.

• Please set the Dante Network mode to Switched.
  • Set your PC NIC to automatic (assuming there is no DHCP server on the network) or set it to a link local IP address (like 169.254.x.x\255.255.0.0).
  • Set the Current Project Setting (HardWare Manager) to a link local IP address (like 169.254.x.x\255.255.0.0).
  • Click Discover Devices.

This should show the PS-604D in the Device List of the HWM.
From there you can set the IP address for the PS-604D to your desired network settings.

BR
Arno

VladimirM
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Doesn't work, no ping. The Dante controller sees me online.

arno-at-bose
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hello Vladimir,

can you try to resetting the PS604D, so we know for sure it is in automatic mode, and then try the previous step again?

VladimirM
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Arno, I reset the amplifiers and changed their IP to CS. Now I see them in CS, but Dante sees them as in another network. With Dante, I can’t change the network settings now. Even if I set the settings for my adapter to be automatic and am on the same network with them.

VladimirM
Participant
Registered since

May 19, 2020

1. I registered static IP addresses in CS. And I see all the devices in CS on them.
2. I set the automatic IP addresses in the Dante controller. And the Dante network began to work.

How does it work and why?)
And why on one adapter 2 addresses for Dante and CS. And is that so? I need static addresses everywhere.

arno-at-bose
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

What I see is that the Dante card is on link local. And your PC is on 192.168.1.8.
Set your PC to a link local address and setup the Dante network of the PowerShare-D.

Network mode: switch or legacy
Set static IP address (192.168.1.x) Watch out for IP conflicts.

Check that ALL Dante devices are on 192.168.1.x and ALL ControlSpace products are on 192.168.1.x.

There are 2 network addresses (Dante / ControlSpace) for Redundant and Isolated mode.

BR
Arno