Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lars_Justesen
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2010

CC64 LCD backlight timeout

Hi,

I have a problem with a system(FW3.090+1.113), where the CC64 after a powerfail goes back to using LCD backlight timeout(not shure how many seconds - the value in properties still says "0") , although it was set to "0" and stored to flash.

Two parametersets include the CC64, and one of them include the value "LCD Backlight timeout 0" the other parameterset include the same CC64, but with no property called LCD Backlight timeout...

I have tried to make a sample file with the LCD backlight property included in a parameterset, but I can't add it.

Best regards,

Lars
7 REPLIES 7
RobB-at-Bose
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 6, 2008

Re: CC64 LCD backlight timeout

Hi Lars,

Appologies for the delay in responding.

I tried out an ESP with 3v090 and CC-64 with 1v113 this morning and the backlight stayed on as expected after cycling the CC-64 power, both with the CC-64 in param sets and without.

I'm guessing that your design was started in Designer 2v2 when we added the backlight control via software. In that version when you added a CC-64 to a param set the backlight timeout property was included, but this was not actually supported by the hardware. From 3v0 the backlight timeout property is correctly excluded from the param set.

Try deleting the CC-64 from the param set that has the backlight timeout included, and re-add it so the backlight property is excluded. This may be the cause of the issue. If not then please post the design file (or send it to me privately) and I can investigate further.

Best regards
Rob
Lars_Justesen
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2010

Hi Rob

The file was started in Designer v2.2 - so that might be the problem.
I'll remove the CC64 from the parametersets and add it again.

Thanks!

Best regards, Lars
Lars_Justesen
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2010

I just uploaded the new file on-site, but the problem persists.
I'll send you the file.

Regards, Lars
johnr-at-bose
Registered since

Oct 2, 2008

If this is an older system, I would be sure the kernel is to date on the cc64 as well.

You can see this on the LCD when it powers up.

I always reload the current firmware after the kernel is updated.

John R
Lars_Justesen
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2010

Didn't know that you could update the kernel by itself (why is this not done automatically when doing firmwareupdate?)

So I guess I should use the CC64Programmer.exe?
RobB-at-Bose
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 6, 2008

Hi Lars,

Thanks for sending me your file, although now I believe the issue is not actually related to the file itself.

I think you have been using the product since before we had the backlight timeout in the software, so you will remember that you used to set the CC-64 backlight timeout by holding down the buttons for Banks 1&4 on the CC-64 hardware.

Now that we set the timeout via software the value on the CC-64 hardware is overwritten when we upload the file or when the ESP powers up, so it is common to no longer change the value on the hardware. However it appears that if you reboot the CC-64 without also rebooting the ESP it reverts to the backlight value on the hardware itself (i.e. the CC-64 is not requesting the backlight time from the ESP when it powers up).

So I believe that was the difference between my setup and yours, the value on my CC-64 hardware is set to 0, but yours probably is not. You can check this by pressing banks 1&4 after rebooting the CC-64 without the ESP. Once you see that it is different you can change it to '0' by rotating the main selector and pushing it to save the setting. Then I think you will be all set.

With regards the Kernel, the only change to this was made a long time ago (3-4 years), so it is unlikely that you should ever need to change this, unless you are going back to a very old site. The kernel cannot be updated with the firmware because it's the kernel that includes the firmware update code, so it is a more involved procedure. Anyways for your issue I believe you just need to set the backlight on the CC-64 hardware to 0 and you'll be all set..

Let me know how you get on..

Best regards
Rob
Lars_Justesen
Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2010

Hi Rob,

Didn't know about the bank1&4 trick - I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Best regards, Lars