Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

CSD 5.7 Update Locking Up DSP and Amplifiers

Hello,

I was attempting to update from 5.6 to 5.7.  I have two systems and experiencing the same problem with updating both.  When I update the firmware on the devices I get the prompt to update the IP addresses to the same addresses the devices already have.  If I do this, the devices are no longer discoverable in the "Hardware Manager" (I can ping them from the command prompt on my PC).  I have to perform factory resets on the amps and re-address the IP addresses before I can see them in "Hardware Manager."  This has happened with all of my PowerMatch amps.  For the DSP's....I have one ESP-88 that I was able to do the NP F command through the serial port to get it back.  However, I have an ESP-880 that I cannot discover on the network anymore.  I've tried resetting the IP setting through the serial port, establishing a telnet session, and cannot ping the static IP address the unit had before the update.  

This is a major bug in updating systems.  I'm planning on contact support to submit a ticket on getting my ESP 880 working again.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Jun 17, 2016

Re: CSD 5.7 Update Locking Up DSP and Amplifiers

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues. I'm not sure why this would happen in the first place, but I'd like to know a few things:

-What is the exact message that came up?

-What is your IP structure- Large network? DHCP? Connecting directly/through a switch? 

One possibility is that you had made an IP change just prior to scaning/discovering devices in Hardware Manager. In some cases, it will take a full minute for CSD to receive new IP info from Windows IPv4 settings. If you try updating anything in this state, it can either revert to the original IP, or only process half of the IP update. It's possible that this is how they got to their current state. 

As for the ESP-880, I'm not sure how this is not visible. It's possibly in 'factory test mode'. (check https://www.bosepro.community/...-control-not-working). Though, we've only seen this on our EX processors thus far.

However it got there, try connecting directly to the ESP-880 using a static host IP. Try in the default range of ESPs (192.168.0.x /24) or have it on auto-IP assignment. If any serial communication is working, try IP<CR> to obtain the ESP's current IP. 

If you're in the US, you can call us at 800-994-2673 (M-F 9:AM EST - 8PM EST)

Best regards,

ChrisJ-at-Bose 

Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 17, 2020

Re: CSD 5.7 Update Locking Up DSP and Amplifiers

I was able to recover the IP address of the ESP-880 using Wireshark, and get the IP address.