Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

CSD 5.8.2.32571 crashes when loading external Dante names

Both input or output, CSD crashes when you select the load external Dante channel names option from the right click menu. This is happening when CSD is NOT running on the same network as the design being edited.

Ed Walters

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: CSD 5.8.2.32571 crashes when loading external Dante names

Hello Ed,

Thank you for reporting this issue.
I can reproduce this issue when Dante Control is disabled in CSD (it doesn't matter if Dante is on the same subnet as CSD).

Can you check if you issue is also resolved if Dante Control is enabled in CSD (System > Enable/disable Dante Control (should be set to Disable Dante Control)).

I will log this issue.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

BR
Arno

CAS-19971-J2G1M0

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: CSD 5.8.2.32571 crashes when loading external Dante names

ARNO --

If I enable Dante Control, it does not crash.  In my usage, I am editing a CSD project at home, offline from both the CSD control and Dante networks of the project. In general I never want CSD or a program on a device to control Dante.  If I want to make routing changes I do it with a matrix and parameter sets inside the box.  At the same time, it would be really convenient if the channel labels could be brought in from Dante Controller so I don't have to transcribe them all.

On the subject of enabling and disabling Dante Control, it would seem to me that the setting should be stored within the file, along with a few others, like Label Propagation.  I should have to consciously change them if I want them different, rather than remember to review them every time I open a CSD file.

Ed