Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2011

Ceiling and Floor Display problem with new PC

Hi all,

Has anyone encountered display problems of ceilings and floors?

Lately, one colleague and I started to use Dell E7240, and then we found that we couldn't see the ceilings and floors in the model... Although we can click and select them. No problem with walls.

Attached are some screenshots and the modeler model.

Thanks.
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 3, 2007

Re: Ceiling and Floor Display problem with new PC

Hi Sunny,

it sounds a little bit, that you have the same issue like me.

See here: http://proforum.bose.com/eve/f...069541/m/17420659151

Matthias
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Hi Sunny,

maybe your problems are related to a similar issue that Matthias has recently encountered. In any case, they sound machine specific (since your model displays just fine on my DELL).

Please check Matthias post and try if you can find settings for your graphics adaptor that improve things. This may be just a relatively simple Open GL issue but we can’t track unless we have a machine that shows the same behavior.

Also, please keep your eyes open, whether you spot any other display issues: Can you import and display Guide Layers ? Is visibility depending on the display of vertices, like with Matthias ? When you switch off Bold Walls, do they go away as well ? Etc.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Thomas
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2011

Hi Matthias & Thomas,

Thanks for your replies.

I've tried some settings about graphic adapter, but unfortunately this didn't improve anything...

We'll continue trying, and will let you know if this problems is solved.

Thank you!
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 3, 2008

I currently have a dealer that has the same problem with a brand new computer.

He does not have the NVidia drivers on his computer - Intel Drivers only.
When the "Vertex" is selected, the floor surfaces do not display on his laptop computer or on either of his larger displays on his desk. When you turn it off, the surfaces display as normal.

His previous computer was also a Dell and worked with no issues.

Computer: Dell Latitude E750
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-5600 CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
Installed Memory RAM 8.00GB (7.89) GB usable
System Type: 64-bit Operating System
Windows 7 Professional

He has sent me a model and it display properly on my computer. It also displays properly on his old computer as well.

I'm not sure what the OpenGL Patch is supposed to fix and I am reluctant to ask him to load anything on his computer that I am not sure is designed to help his particular issue. Can anyone tell me what issue the patch is designed to
fix and whether it may be something that we should try moving forward?

Many Thanks,

Bruce
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 3, 2008

Follow up to my previous post...

The dealer contacted me today. They just bought a Dell Latitude E5430 Laptop with W7 Pro operating system and it is experiencing the same issues as his computer still is plagued with - if Vertices are turned on, the floor and ceiling are not visible after drawing them unless you turn Vertices off.

Both are using the Intel Video driver which looks like it is pretty common with the Dells on their site.

On a hunch, I went and downloaded Modeler onto my home machine which is also a Dell with the Intel Video driver and I have the same issue. so, if you have any recommendations, I can implement them on my machine to see if they work. I can tell you that I spent an hour today going thru all the different properties windows that had anything to do with Modeler with no success. I also confirmed that all of my drivers are up to date for my display and they have done the same. My type face is set to 100% so that should not skew it. I have turned on and off Clear Type. No luck so far.

My office dell uses the NVidia drivers and I have not had any issues with it.

Is there any other suggestions to fix this?

Bruce
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 19, 2014

I have engineering looking into this issue. We'll get a Dell Laptop w/ Intel Video and see if we can figure out what is causing this problem and if their is a work around. I'll keep this thread updated as I find out more information.

Best Regards,

Trevor
Highlighted
Registered since

May 16, 2007

Hi to all.

It's really been an issue with the laptops that I had on Intel HD Graphics. Those with discrete (Nvidia and ATi/AMD), no problems. It would really be nice to have Modeler work with the Intel HD Drivers.

Though I have a workaround by using the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter drivers only. My laptop is on Windows 10, so in Windows 7 it should be the "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter".

The Steps:
1. Launch the Device Manager.
2. Under Display Adapters, right-click the Intel HD Graphics Family, then click Properties.
3. Under the Driver Tab, click Update Driver.
4. Then click "--> Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click on "--> Let me pick from a list of device drivers...".
6. By this time you should be able to see the Intel HD Drivers (latest and previous versions), and the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. Choose the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.
7. Depending on the machine, your screen may momentarily turn black, flicker, or the windows and text become enlarged. Adjust the display resolution and DPI as needed. A restart or log-off/sign out may be required.
8. Another thing, multiple displays won't work while you are on basic or standard display drivers.

I hope this helps for the meantime. Cheers!
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 3, 2008

Thanks Edison!
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 3, 2008

Trevor,

I tried it on my home computer and it works so we have a short term fix.
Many of my dealers and Bose employees use their laptops on larger screens when working in their office (as I am sure many of you in the factory do) so adapting the program so it can use the Intel Video drivers is important.

Thanks again to Edison for sharing his knowledge with us...

Bruce