Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Double Talk Issue with EX-440C and Microsoft Teams Room

We recently installed an EX-440C as part of a Microsoft Teams Room system. We were integrating with a system that was already in the room, so the EX-440C is tying in the speakers and mics that were already in the room. The issue we are having is that as soon as anyone on the near-end speaks, it cuts the far ends audio completely. This is an issue because the far end is the Teacher of this class, and any noise at all on the near end cuts him off. It appears from watching the meters that it is the Teams Room system that is cutting the far-end audio when it starts sending near-end audio, but it is resulting in a very poor conferencing experience. I thought that the EX-440C was supposed to disable the Teams audio processing. Is there something I am missing? 

Our setup is a Lenovo ThinkHub500 as the Teams Room system, the Bose EX-440C as the audio input/output device. The mics being fed into the system currently are just two wireless mics (A lapel and Handheld), and we are outputting to an existing amp and Ceiling speakers.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: Double Talk Issue with EX-440C and Microsoft Teams Room

Hello Jonathan,

So the far end is the teacher of the class and the near end (were the EX-440C is installed) is the class room itself?
Can you send me your EX-440C design?

Hope to hear from you.

BR
Arno

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Re: Double Talk Issue with EX-440C and Microsoft Teams Room

Arno, 

That is correct, the teacher is the far end, the students are the near end. I have private messaged you a link to the design file. 

Thanks for your help!