Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 6, 2008

Re: ESP Dropping Off Network

Hi there,

Assuming this is the same project as the other post (Volume readout CC-64 vs CC-16) then it sounds like you are using the QM-RMC. I have one of those here. If you are able to send me the Crestron files (program/Xpanel) I can try to reproduce the issue here. If you prefer not to post the files on here, you can send them to me directly or via Bruce. Just to let you know though, I'll be away for a couple of weeks from Monday..

Best regards
Rob
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 3, 2008

As a follow up to my original post regarding Jay's issue, the local installer in Las Vegas disconnected the D9 connector and they were able to reconnect to the ESP and bring everything back up and working.

A bad cable turned out to be the problem with the system in his office as far as I know. It has been up and running OK since then.

Best,

Bruce
Highlighted
Registered since

May 1, 2013

All-
Well it is still occurring. I cannot find the ESP until I disconnect the serial cable and reboot it. That works in a testing environment but I do not need that happening during the day and night on site.

Any ideas? If this is happening to me with my Crestron am I the only one? If there are more what did they do to fix the situation?

John Rogers i have tested the DB9 and find it in the low state. So not an issue.

Thoughts, comments, curse words?

Jay
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 8, 2013

i'm two years late but same problems, now using cs 4.3.1 uploaded, updated firmware etc and then it just dropped off of the network, both esp one is the new version esp-00 series 11 won't show up. The powermatch pm8250 always shows, but I can ping the ESPs, both as previously (by someone else) reported ping about 25%.

have rebooted and power cycled but nothing. I do have a crestron db9 connected to series one esp and will try that tomorrow but all of this after a good two of hours of connection
on
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 1, 2008

Dear Kind CSD Folks,

I have a contractor that had an issue with losing the connection with an ESP00II after about 10 seconds. We verified that his firewall was turned off on his Win8 computer. We turned on all the features of .NET 3.5 and 4.5 - even reinstalled both, I had him reinstall the CSD software, had him try a direct connection, through a router (both wired and wi-fi), updated the firmware again (just in case), and changed his adapter speed to 100 MPS as a trial. I have pretty much run out of ammunition. Is there anything that I may have missed?

Best regards,

Dave
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2008

Dave,

Did you re-upload the *.csp file after updating the firmware?
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Can you tell us a bit more about the situation?
Like: is there a switch used and if so, what kind of switch, does the switch has an EEE mode, is it a dedicated network, other devices on the network,or is it a direct connection between PC (running CSD) and ESP00-II (crossed or straight or cable or wireless),....
Maybe also check the 5 Vdc.
Try to change the network port to the ESP to 10 Mbps . half duplex
Highlighted
Registered since

May 1, 2013

Stupid question but have we checked the cable to make sure it is correct? Just asking/
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 1, 2008

Hi Brian, Arno and Jay,

I'll try to consolidate this into one response along with the resolution. All good suggestions - thanks, guys.

Brian - yes the file was loaded into a new ESP00II that was already running the latest firmware loaded with 4.3.1. After retrying an upgrade, the file was reloaded to no avail.

Arno - no switch was in place - he has an older Netgear wireless router. The network was just this Wi-Fi router to load things in, but the actual system runs with the CC-64 directly connected to the ESP. A few different straight through cables were used as well as a cross-over cable when going directly to the ESP. The 5V supply was measured to be 7.33 on the GPO ports. And yes - I did have him try to slow it down to 10 Mbps with half duplex yesterday (out of superstition) - to no avail.

Jay - no such thing as a dumb question. I overlook the basic things all the time and it never hurts to check. He tried brand new cables in addition to the old stand-by versions.

So here is the deal: I called him back this morning to make sure I hadn't left any stone unturned. He was back with yet another computer. After poking at the properties window of the design file and then scanning the hardware to make sure there was a 100% match, we discovered that one input card was a series I but designated as a series II in the file. We changed it to match - still kicked us off. However, when I had him reload a blank file using the scan, it stayed online - maintained its connection.

The original file was written under CSD 4.2. For lack of anything else to try, I had him scan the hardware again, merge files with the desired CSD file, copy all processing blocks and paste them into the scanned blank (now designated as the master -RTC), reconnect all the I/O wires and reloaded the file. At first it bumped him off in 4 or 5 seconds, but on the second try, it stayed online and last I heard was holding as desired.

So my conclusion is that there is something unusual about the ESP00II profile that makes them just enough different between 4.2 and 4.3.1 to require a rewrite of at least the hardware profile of the design file in 4.3.1. Perhaps there is something to address in the next update to avoid having to rewrite older files in the latest version. Or maybe there was another work-around I missed?

Thanks for all the suggestions - and thanks to Bruce Hurst and Eric Warner for taking a stab at it before I posted here. This was indeed a first for me - just a little out of the ordinary.

Best regards,

Dave
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 6, 2008

Hi David,

Interesting - thanks for the detailed summary.. Can you email me the before and after files and I'll try to investigate the root cause..

Many thanks

Best regards
Rob