Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 1, 2008

Re: ESP Dropping Off Network

Sure Rob - I asked the contractor to email them to me and I will get them to you as soon as they are available.

Best regards,

Dave
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 6, 2008

Hi all,

Just to follow up on this one - we investigated and found that the issue is related to the number of x-overs in the design - they delay the ESP-00 in processing the DSP config which then results in a disconnect from ControlSpace Designer. The issue does not occur with the 1U ESPs. We are working on the root cause - but in the meantime the workaround is to upload the design, accept the disconnect - then immediately go-online without making a change (quick connect) or to download from the ESP. In either case the design is fully loaded and Designer will stay connected as expected.

Best regards
Rob
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 3, 2008

Rob,
Question -
How many crossovers are too many crossovers in a design?

Bruce
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 6, 2008

Hi Bruce,

Threshold is not exact but to give an idea.. > about 12x 3-way crossovers, 10x 4-way, 20-24x 2-way is probably enough to hit the timeout.. but of course you should be add this quantity or more - we just need to figure out the root of the issue on the ESP-00 - as I mentioned before the 1U ESPs do not have the issue..

Best regards
Rob