cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PKS_Bose_IND
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 4, 2018

How to Separate Dante and Control Ports for EX-1280C??

Hello Team,

Can you please help me to separate Dante and Control Ports for CS EX1280C to manage dante and Wireless Control via Crestron.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisJ-at-Bose

Re: How to Separate Dante and Control Ports for EX-1280C??

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator ChrisJ-at-Bose

Hi Boma,

I'm not sure why the front port LEDs are not lighting, but this may be unrelated. 

There are two ports at the back. If the rear network interface is set to Isolated, the Primary port is Dante-only, and the secondary port is Control only. If you're having trouble connecting to the control network (for ControlSpace Designer), I'd recommend trying to connect directly from the Secondary port to the PC/Mac. You should not be able to see the Dante network at all through this port, as long as it remains in Isolated mode. 

If you're unaware what IP/subnet is set for the control port, try setting the PC network card to "Obtain IP automatically" (DHCP). Each time you change the network card settings, you should close and re-open ControlSpace designer to allow it to establish a connection to the new settings. 

The default network IP on this system is 192.168.0.160 with /24 subnet masking (255.255.255.0).

If you're using ControlSpace Designer 5.9 or higher, once a firmware update is established, the default IP when using DHCP (without a server) could be in the link local range of 169.254.x.x /16 (255.255.0.0).

Lastly, there is a way to reset the network parameters via RS232. You will need to set up a serial RS232 connection with the PC/Mac, and send the command "NP F <CR>" and then "RESET <CR>".

This will revert it to the settings I've described.

Thank you,

ChrisJ-at-Bose

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
arno-at-bose
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hello PanKaj,

Thank you for reaching out to us.
To separate Dante (bottom RJ45) and CSD (top RJ45) you need to set the Dante card network mode to "Isoated"

open Dante Properties under System

Select the Dante device (EX-1280C) can click on the "Network Config" tab

Select in the dropdown box "Isolated_Networks", click on "Apply Changes" and power cycle the Bose EX-1280C.

After power cycle of the Bose EX-1280C, the bottom RJ45 will be your Dante network and the top RJ45 will be you CSD network.

If you experiencing any issues, please let us know.

BR
Arno

boma23
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Hi All,

I'm trying to achieve exactly the same thing with an ESP 1240AD, which has a single front port and two rear ports.

We need the front port to be on a 50.x VLAN for CSP config, and the primary rear port to service a 52.x VLAN for standalone DANTE routing, separated away from the main AV VLAN.

I don't see have the option to select "Dante Properties" (missing) per the above, so is this option now deleted in later CS versions?

I am able to discover the ESPat various times, and can get the system part configured, but am having issue telling the ESP to use different addressing and ports for front and rear - I only get option to "enable front port" in hardware manager, which is enabled, but nothing I can see will allow me to configure them seperately?

As is, we seem to have to switch between plugging in front port to configure, whilst unplugging rear port, then plugging rear in and unplugging front once configured to then route audio over DANTE

ChrisJ-at-Bose

Hi Boma,

This is simply now done in Dante Controller. Double-click/go to the Device View for the processor, and select the Network Config tab. Here you can set the Dante IP/subnet as well as the port modes.

The same modes apply as with the previous response. 

Switched is the default mode, putting both the Primary (Dante) and Secondary (Control) on the same switched interface. To separate the two, select Isolated. This will allow Dante-only in the Primary (Dante) port. And Control only in the Secondary port. The front port is always only for control.

Thank you,

ChrisJ-at-Bose

boma23
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

thanks for this.  Found the setting, but unable to make it fully take.

I select Isolated, and then enter the static for Dante, but then the front port still does not re-activate.

Even after reboot, the setting still says Isolated and retains the new Dante IP (an is discoverable by the controller), but CS still can't find (no matter whether set for Dane or Control VLANs).

I'm thinking i need to factory reset the 1240AD but can't find a way documented.

Thanks

boma23
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

to add, the link lights don't even light on the front either.

ChrisJ-at-Bose

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator ChrisJ-at-Bose

Hi Boma,

I'm not sure why the front port LEDs are not lighting, but this may be unrelated. 

There are two ports at the back. If the rear network interface is set to Isolated, the Primary port is Dante-only, and the secondary port is Control only. If you're having trouble connecting to the control network (for ControlSpace Designer), I'd recommend trying to connect directly from the Secondary port to the PC/Mac. You should not be able to see the Dante network at all through this port, as long as it remains in Isolated mode. 

If you're unaware what IP/subnet is set for the control port, try setting the PC network card to "Obtain IP automatically" (DHCP). Each time you change the network card settings, you should close and re-open ControlSpace designer to allow it to establish a connection to the new settings. 

The default network IP on this system is 192.168.0.160 with /24 subnet masking (255.255.255.0).

If you're using ControlSpace Designer 5.9 or higher, once a firmware update is established, the default IP when using DHCP (without a server) could be in the link local range of 169.254.x.x /16 (255.255.0.0).

Lastly, there is a way to reset the network parameters via RS232. You will need to set up a serial RS232 connection with the PC/Mac, and send the command "NP F <CR>" and then "RESET <CR>".

This will revert it to the settings I've described.

Thank you,

ChrisJ-at-Bose

View solution in original post

boma23
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Great stuff - I'd not even tried the secondary port, as had read in a manual that the front port was ethernet only (and therefore secondary rear port was Dante only in my head as a result).

Will give this a go tomorrow and report back.

boma23
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Forgot to report back!

This worked a treat - it was that simple all along!  Thanks for the pointer