Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masroor
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Limiter

Hello,

I need to ask about the limiter 

Example: For 802 speaker , P=240w, R=8 ohm

v(rms)=sqrt(p*r), v= sqrt(240*8)=43.81v

v(peak)= ?

Is it will be like v(peak)=sqrt2*(vrms), =61.96

Or Different

Because in software i am getting  v(peak)=71 for 802

= 62 for 402

3 REPLIES 3
arno-at-bose
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: Limiter

HI Masroor,

The peak power depends per loudspeaker. This can be found in the Technical Data Sheet.

For the 802 it is 960 W

That would mean:
U = sqrt(960*8) = 87.63 V

But the Vpeak on a single PM-X500 amplifier is 71 V.
If you change the PM output configuration to V-Bridge you will see that the Vpeak is updated to 87 V

BR
Arno

Masroor
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Thank you Arno for your support ,giving ideas and clearing doubts.

I have try in V-Bridge mode and its working fine.

But why the peek power is 4 times the rms for every speakers. its calculating as per working hr or what?

Thomas_S
Bose Employee
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Hi Masroor,

if you take a look at our TDS, you'll see in the footnotes how we measure power handling of our speakers. We use a test signal that has 6 dB difference between peak and rms values. That's a factor of 4 in power.

There's no notion of time when it comes to power. In this case (electrical power), it's just voltage x current. Or voltage^2/impedance.

best rgds,

Thomas