Highlighted
Registered since

May 20, 2010

Mute LED

Hi all!

How do you setup a mute LED indicator connected to GPO in CSP?
(for showing the mute status of a gain block for instance)
I find it quite limiting that the GPO only exists in parameter presets.

Anyone have a solution for this?
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 6, 2008

Re: Mute LED

Hi Lars,

Currently you cannot trigger a logical action from a signal processing state - this is a limitation we are aware of and have plans to resolve, but no timeline yet.

I'm not sure of your context, but a simple option might be to drive the mute object and GPO pin from the same param set. I can also think of a more involved workaround using async serial feedback and serial input to trigger the GPO param sets in response to a change to the mute state, but it's a little clunky..

Best regards
Rob
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Hi Rob,

probably it is the same request I received by one of our customers.
We have the need to configure a GPI contact as to toggle between two parameter sets.
I found that the toggle configuration of the GPI contact applies only to gains, not to parameter sets.
Is that correct?

The aim is to drive a LED and a gain mute through a single GPI connected to a desktop mic.

Thanks for any suggestion.
Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 6, 2008

Hi Moreno,

Interesting, I have spent the last few days looking at similar topics for a future release..

Unfortunately there's no simple way to do this currently - There is a way if you use a couple of diodes and 2x GPI pins and 2xGPO pins but it's a bit clunky. If you want to try this let me know and I'll ping you a mail with some details..

Best regards
Rob