Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

PM 8500 Multiple USB

Good Morning Guys,

I have 4x PM 8500 Amps (unfortunatelly not the N-Version but) with Amp-Link.

Is it possible to connect all 4 of them via an 4-port USB-Hub at the same time to a PC and the EX-1280 via Ethernet to it so that I can do 1 Project-File with everything inside?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: PM 8500 Multiple USB

Hello Beamshape,

ControlSpace Designer software does not support simultaneous USB connections. Only a single device may be controlled via a point to point USB at one time.

You can create one design with all the products, but you cannot connect to all of them at the same time.

BR
Arno

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Thanks Arno,

so when I have the design only stored on the devices, can I download it individual and merge it later to have all in one?

Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hello Beamshape,

Yes, you can merge project together.

File -> Merge Projects (Ctrl + M)

BR
Arno

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2020

Thx!

Will try later to merge the Ex1280 + CC64 CFG pulled via Ethernet with each of the 4 PowerMatch Amps Settings pulled individual per USB. All into one Showfile but need to be in the showroom first later on.

When merged does it automatically know the interlinks which is phyiscally done by Amp-Link?

Final goal is to build with the compact show file an Control Space Remote Builder overlay so that I can work with this mobile instead of the fixed CC64.

Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

H

Hello Beamshape,

AmpLink routing shouldn't be an issue.
But there is no need to merge the files for CSR, as the PM-USB cannot be controlled by CSR, one the ControlSpace networked products (EX-1280).

BR
Arno