Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

PM 8500 Shutting Down and Restarting

We have a PM 8500 that is about 7 years old.  This past week while the system was running there was  loud pop from the speakers then nothing.  A few minutes later it repeated the same sound.  While watching the PM 8500, I noticed right after the pop sound the display went dark.  A short time after it boot up like normal and them made the pop sound and went dark.  I disconnected the speakers from the back and it continued to do the shut down and restart.  What do I need to check? 

3 REPLIES 3
Bose Employee
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Re: PM 8500 Shutting Down and Restarting

Hello Barclay,

Sorry to read the amplifier doesn't work anymore as before.

Are you able to connect with Bose ControlSpace Designer and retrieve the alarm log (and share it with us)?
Can you provide us the serial number?

BR
Arno

CAS-20757-F8N2H0

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

SN:055066f31340025AE

I was able to get the PM8500 to see the USB cable connected to the PC, but the software had an error when I tried to run it. When I looked at the alarm log in the LCD it gave me the message  User Warning: AC returned.  Each time it shuts down and come back up it adds another User Warning message.  I will try to reinstall the ControlSpace Designer to see if I had a bad install.  RUn time is about 2 min before it shuts down again.

Highlighted
Bose Employee
Registered since

Jun 17, 2016

Hi Barclay,

I'm sending you a direct message with contact information. 

Thank you,

ChrisJ-at-Bose