cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Professional Installed Community!

This is a community for Bose dealers and installers who work with our installed products like conferencing ControlSpace EX and touring products like Bose ShowMatch DeltaQ loudspeakers.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmartinezq
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

PM4500N Not Powering On

Hi a client´s PM4500N decided not to turn on yesterday, only the signal, limit, clip and then the fault LED lights up when turning on and then int shuts down. I advised disconnecting al cables and wires and turning on again but still the same result, our bose rep told us to try entering recovery mode but still nothing. So is there anything else to try or is this unit broken?WhatsApp Image 2019-07-09 at 2.07.19 PM

7 REPLIES 7
Berd
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 19, 2016

Re: PM4500N Not Powering On

Hi, i have just change two of these amplifiers with the same symptoms, there no other way to get it work, no recovery whatsoever, just prepare to get it change. May i know how old is this PM4500N, and the AC source is passing thru a conditioner?

mmartinezq
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

The Amp is 3 months old, i have other 2 non network version working flawlessly there for over a year. This one was connected to a Panamax M4320-PRO high current outlet.

mmartinezq
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

It is 3 months old. It is connected to a Panamax M4300-PRO high current outlet. We have another one non Network working for over a year.

arno-at-bose
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Oct 27, 2017

Hello Mauricio,

can you please send me a private message with your contact details, so my colleauge can contact you in person to discuss this issue.

Thank you in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.

BR
Arno

mmartinezq
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Hi Arno,

Is there anything else we could try before determining it failed? 

RumenHristov
Participant
Registered since

Jun 13, 2021

Excuse me mister i have the same problem and i dont know what to do i have pm4500n any help? 

ChrisJ-at-Bose

Hi Rumen,

This is an old post. I believe in this case you'll want to try to contact a local Bose support rep for service options. You can try recovery mode first by the following:

1. Turn the amp off. 

2. Press the first (1), middle (3) and last (5) of the 5 buttons below the display. Press and hold them.

3. Turn the amp back on while continuing to hold these 3 buttons.

"Recovery Mode" might appear on the display. If so, please open ControlSpace Designer, and connect USB to the front of the amp and the PC. It should prompt you to re-install corrupt firmware. 

If this does not appear, then the amp will need service. 

Thank you,

ChrisJ-at-Bose