Anders-at-Bose
Registered since

May 10, 2009

PM8500 networkproblem

Hi

In the last couple of weeks we had som problem with three new PM8500n (factorydelivered with firmware 1.153), the network communication is not working. Its possible to find the PM on the network but not possible too upload or download anything.
This happend in two different installation with two different computer so I think the problem is the PM8500.
It was possible with all three to go online thrue the USB port instead and everything seems to work. The solution to solve the the problem was a new firmware update thru the USB port, and that solve the problem on two of the PM. On the third PM I had to do a factory reset and than a firmware update before it work.

Do anyone no anything about it
4 REPLIES 4
R.Kosman@Bose
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2008

Re: PM8500 networkproblem

Anders -

I'll assume that you have checked all the basic network issues (IP address, routers, PC settings, etc.).

A few troubleshooting options to help diagnose what is happening:

1)using a command window, or a browser, can you ping the amplifiers. within the command prompt or browser, type 'ping [ip address of amp]. If they reply than they are communicating OK.

2) from within ControlSpace Designer select System>Network Setup. Once CSD scans the network the devices are displayed in the dialog. When looking at each device, do they all have a unique MAC address?

rk
Anders-at-Bose
Registered since

May 10, 2009

Hi Rob

Yes I´ve try all the basics things about the network, I also tryed with two different networkcard.

I did not ping the amp. But when I scan the system, CSPD find all the amp but when I tryed to uppload/download the designfile it stopped after a coupple of second with a Errormessage Comunication problem on Port 1.001.

All the amp must have a unique MAC address because it worked after new firware update.

Anders
kakudo_ido@bose.com
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2008

Hi Anders,

I have met the same issue. In my case it was solved by installing .NET framework. CSD3.1 runs with .NET framework 3.5 so please check whether it has been installed on your PC.

Best regards,
KI
Kyle
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2017

Anders - Did Kakudo's suggestion fix the issue?