Tobias1
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

Recalculation not possible

Hello,

when I open my project, Modeler lets me take just one calculation. So when I apply some changes, I have to save, close and re-open my model in order to make a new calculation.

What could that be?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Thomas_S
Bose Employee
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Re: Recalculation not possible

Hi Tobias,

unfortunately, there's no generic answer to your question.

Please attach the model/project in question and describe enough steps that the issue can be reproduced. If the project is confidential, pls. ship via private E-Mail.

Thanks much and best rgds,

Thomas

Tobias1
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

Hi Thomas,

it just happens with every model i open. Lets say i open the model and calculate RT60.  Then i change a surface material and nothing happens and i can not execute a manual recalculation.

So i guess it must be a setting of the application?

Regards, Tobias

Thomas_S
Bose Employee
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Hi Tobias,

RT is automatically calculated when you just open the model. RT will change if you make changes to surfaces or materials. That's calculation phases 17-21.

For automatic re-calc of prediction results like mappings, the Drastic engine (the lightbulb) needs to be turned on and of course any metric, e.g. Direct Field. Any change to the model/design shall trigger a re-calc.

If all this doesn't work, then something else may be screwed with your install. E.g. under Win10, you should run Modeler as Admin. We also recommend to not work with anything that is stored on a network drive.

Next step is really to send a model.

Hope this helps.

Best rgds,

Thomas